Android Code Snippet Customizing New B4XPages Backup and Module Naming

I thought to share this info snippet with you all.
1: B4XPages now has a magic Backup feature shown as 'Ctrl + click to export as zip: ide://run?File=%B4X%\Zipper.jar&Args=Project.zip
For the Newby's you can customize this even further by editing the destination like I have a SD card as Drive F with a folder B4XPages_Backups
My Project Name is MyCreation. In order to save Direct to this location I modified this Backup Line to:
'Ctrl + click to export as zip: ide://run?File=%B4X%\Zipper.jar&Args=F:\B4XPages_Backups\MyCreation.zip Simple and Fast, Saves Renaming and copying
All Credits to Erel for Creating this Feature in B4XPages.

2: For Naming the Pages and not getting lost with many pages and show page commands in the Program, I Name a new page abc as abcPage (is the Class Name)
Then Create a Variable Named abcObj as in object, Then Initialize this Object as abcObj.initialize and when adding this page I use abcID. Like B4XPages.AddPage("abcID",abcObj)
So the 3 item endings Page, Obj and ID will remind you when to use the 'Page' (class) or 'ID' when doing your stuff inside the various Class modules.
Happy Programming

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Two related tips:
You can add the following argument to make the platform specific copies of the shared files, zero size:
B4X:
&VMArgs=-DZeroSharedFiles%3DTrue
The files will be updated automatically when you run the project.

And you can add this to prevent explorer from opening:
&VMArgs=-DDontShowExplorer%3DTrue

The last one was added in Zipper v1.03.

Elby dev

Licensed User
Thank You. After reading your reply I found more info on this in one of your other articles under
[B4X] Comment Links (All great programming stuff!)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…