Android Code Snippet Customizing New B4XPages Backup and Module Naming

I thought to share this info snippet with you all.
1: B4XPages now has a magic Backup feature shown as 'Ctrl + click to export as zip: ide://run?File=%B4X%\Zipper.jar&Args=Project.zip
For the Newby's you can customize this even further by editing the destination like I have a SD card as Drive F with a folder B4XPages_Backups
My Project Name is MyCreation. In order to save Direct to this location I modified this Backup Line to:
'Ctrl + click to export as zip: ide://run?File=%B4X%\Zipper.jar&Args=F:\B4XPages_Backups\MyCreation.zip Simple and Fast, Saves Renaming and copying
All Credits to Erel for Creating this Feature in B4XPages.

2: For Naming the Pages and not getting lost with many pages and show page commands in the Program, I Name a new page abc as abcPage (is the Class Name)
Then Create a Variable Named abcObj as in object, Then Initialize this Object as abcObj.initialize and when adding this page I use abcID. Like B4XPages.AddPage("abcID",abcObj)
So the 3 item endings Page, Obj and ID will remind you when to use the 'Page' (class) or 'ID' when doing your stuff inside the various Class modules.
Happy Programming :)

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Two related tips:
You can add the following argument to make the platform specific copies of the shared files, zero size:
B4X:
&VMArgs=-DZeroSharedFiles%3DTrue
The files will be updated automatically when you run the project.

And you can add this to prevent explorer from opening:
&VMArgs=-DDontShowExplorer%3DTrue

The last one was added in Zipper v1.03.

Elby dev

Licensed User
Thank You. After reading your reply I found more info on this in one of your other articles under
[B4X] Comment Links (All great programming stuff!)