Android Question CustomListView : how to set visibility by code

GiovanniPolese

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ho to All
I want to use a CustomListView to show some files. In the designer, I can set Visibility, but it seems not programmatically. In fact, I would like this list to appear/ disappear.. but I don't see the Visible and Enabled methods in the CustomListView list of methods appearing with IntelliSense.. What am I missing? Thanks in advance

GiovanniPolese

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok. Thank you, it works, but it is necessary to add some information, because it is not totally clear. The CustomListView has a Panel as parent. In this condition, it doesn't appear anyway (at least in my code). Putting it with Activity as parent, it works. This is what I see.

Upvote 0

Sagenut

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can try to place the CLV inside a transparent panel, then make the panel visible or not visible to hide the CLV.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
but it is necessary to add some information, because it is not totally clear.
xCustomListView is composed of a basic Pane(l) and another view, different according to the language, which will contain the items.

The correct instruction is the one I wrote to you in my first post:
B4X:
CustomListView1.GetBase.Visible = True / False
If you don't see the xCLV, it is probably under another panel (see the treeview in the Designer: the further down a view, the more it is in front).

Eventually, try:
B4X:
CustomListView1.GetBase.BringToFront

Upvote 0