B4A Class Date/Time/Datetime Tools

This is a B4A Class with a collection of needful functions around Dates and Times. Please use it, modify or enhance it at your individual needs.

Version: 1/2021

Install
:
a) FIle: Open your project and import appended file by using Menu 'Project/New Module/Append existing modul'.
b) File: copy file in your additional library folder. Open Project and mark DateToolsV1 in library Window
Libs: depends on Core and XUI
Usage: declare instance of the class in '...Globals" like Dim DT as DateTools
a) File: DateTools.bas (Type B4A Class)
b) File: DateTools.B4xLib

Functions Overview:
  • convertMinutes, converts given minutes to string HH:mm
  • compareDate, checks 2 dates if =,<,>,<=,>=
  • compareTime, checks 2 times if =,<,>,<=,>=
  • compareDateTime, checks 2 datetimes if =, <,>,<=,>=
  • checkDate, checks if given date string has correct format (DateTime.DateFormat)
  • checkTime, checks if given time string has correct format (DateTime.TimeFormat)
  • checkDateTime, checks if given date and time string has correct format (DateTime.DateFormat, DateTime.TimeFormat)
  • getDateTick, returns tick value of given date string (since 1970/01/01 00:00:00)
  • getTimeTick, returns tick value of given time string (current date leapsed from 00:00:00)
  • getDateTimeTick, returns tick value of given datetime string
  • getTick2Date, returns date string of given tick value
  • getTick2Time, returns time string of given tick value
  • getTick2DateTime, returns datetime string of given tick value (Date Time)
  • getStartSummertime, returns date where European Summertime starts
  • getStartWintertime, returns date where European Wintertime starts
  • getUTC, get current date and UTC Time respect Summertime or not (like yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss Z or yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss ZS -S=Summertime-)
  • getDatePeriode, get target date of added/subtracted Periode (Years,Month,Days,Weeks,Quarters) to given date
  • getDaysBetween, get the count of days between 2 dates
  • getMonthBetween, get the count of month between 2 dates
  • getHoursBetween, compute hours between 2 times
  • getMinutesBetween, compute minutes between 2 times
  • getWeekNumber, get the yearly week number of a given date

Notice:
  • Prior using a function set the needed Date and/or Time Format like DateTime.DateFormat= or DateTime.TimeFormat= in your code. This format will be saved. Internally the functions will work with ("yyyy/MM/dd" and "HH:mm:ss") at the end of the functions the internal format setting is resetted by the saved format.

Proposals, Comments are welcome. If you detect errors please give me a kick to solve. Thank you.

Attachments

• DateTools.bas
    17.4 KB · Views: 366
  • DateToolsV1.B4xLib
    3.3 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:

Guenter Becker

Licensed User

Guenter Becker

Licensed User
LucaMs,
I like to use also a Donate Button from Paypal in my Signature. From my Paypal Account I got a Button-Link simmilar to the one linked to your Button.
If I go to crate a signature and used insert Picture with the link no Picture is displayed an I got an error. Some thing wrong I did?

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I like to use also a Donate Button from Paypal in my Signature. From my Paypal Account I got a Button-Link simmilar to the one linked to your Button.
If I go to crate a signature and used insert Picture with the link no Picture is displayed an I got an error. Some thing wrong I did?
I don't know exactly, I created the PayPal button many years ago but I immediately removed it from B4X; I put it back only a couple of months ago.

I think you need to enter it via BB code:

1617891981845.png

Guenter Becker

Licensed User
I don't know exactly, I created the PayPal button many years ago but I immediately removed it from B4X; I put it back only a couple of months ago.

I think you need to enter it via BB code:

View attachment 111276
Ok, thank you. Could you go inmto your signature an post me acopy of your bb code please.