B4A Class Date/Time/Datetime Tools

This is a B4A Class with a collection of needful functions around Dates and Times. Please use it, modify or enhance it at your individual needs.

Version: 1/2021

Install
:
a) FIle: Open your project and import appended file by using Menu 'Project/New Module/Append existing modul'.
b) File: copy file in your additional library folder. Open Project and mark DateToolsV1 in library Window
Libs: depends on Core and XUI
Usage: declare instance of the class in '...Globals" like Dim DT as DateTools
a) File: DateTools.bas (Type B4A Class)
b) File: DateTools.B4xLib

Functions Overview:
  • convertMinutes, converts given minutes to string HH:mm
  • compareDate, checks 2 dates if =,<,>,<=,>=
  • compareTime, checks 2 times if =,<,>,<=,>=
  • compareDateTime, checks 2 datetimes if =, <,>,<=,>=
  • checkDate, checks if given date string has correct format (DateTime.DateFormat)
  • checkTime, checks if given time string has correct format (DateTime.TimeFormat)
  • checkDateTime, checks if given date and time string has correct format (DateTime.DateFormat, DateTime.TimeFormat)
  • getDateTick, returns tick value of given date string (since 1970/01/01 00:00:00)
  • getTimeTick, returns tick value of given time string (current date leapsed from 00:00:00)
  • getDateTimeTick, returns tick value of given datetime string
  • getTick2Date, returns date string of given tick value
  • getTick2Time, returns time string of given tick value
  • getTick2DateTime, returns datetime string of given tick value (Date Time)
  • getStartSummertime, returns date where European Summertime starts
  • getStartWintertime, returns date where European Wintertime starts
  • getUTC, get current date and UTC Time respect Summertime or not (like yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss Z or yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss ZS -S=Summertime-)
  • getDatePeriode, get target date of added/subtracted Periode (Years,Month,Days,Weeks,Quarters) to given date
  • getDaysBetween, get the count of days between 2 dates
  • getMonthBetween, get the count of month between 2 dates
  • getHoursBetween, compute hours between 2 times
  • getMinutesBetween, compute minutes between 2 times
  • getWeekNumber, get the yearly week number of a given date

Notice:
  • Prior using a function set the needed Date and/or Time Format like DateTime.DateFormat= or DateTime.TimeFormat= in your code. This format will be saved. Internally the functions will work with ("yyyy/MM/dd" and "HH:mm:ss") at the end of the functions the internal format setting is resetted by the saved format.

Proposals, Comments are welcome. If you detect errors please give me a kick to solve. Thank you.

Attachments

• DateTools.bas
    17.4 KB · Views: 377
  • DateToolsV1.B4xLib
    3.3 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:

Guenter Becker

Licensed User

Guenter Becker

Licensed User
LucaMs,
I like to use also a Donate Button from Paypal in my Signature. From my Paypal Account I got a Button-Link simmilar to the one linked to your Button.
If I go to crate a signature and used insert Picture with the link no Picture is displayed an I got an error. Some thing wrong I did?

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know exactly, I created the PayPal button many years ago but I immediately removed it from B4X; I put it back only a couple of months ago.

I think you need to enter it via BB code:

Guenter Becker

Licensed User
I don't know exactly, I created the PayPal button many years ago but I immediately removed it from B4X; I put it back only a couple of months ago.

I think you need to enter it via BB code:

View attachment 111276
Ok, thank you. Could you go inmto your signature an post me acopy of your bb code please.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…