Android Question Deploy jRDC2 to Azure AppService running against Azure Database for MySQL server

SJQ

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

Do any of you have any experience deploying the jRDC2 server app to an Azure App Service?

I've a large number of Sensors +ESP32 MCU's all sending data to Azure Database for MySQL server, via PHP on Azure App Service, All working wonderfully.👍👍

I have a couple of B4X apps reading and writing directly to the Azure Database for MySQL server via JDBC and that all works well to... 👍👍

However we looking to provide middle-ware for some of our clients to access the data and I don't really want to supply the current android apps with the direct connection, I would rather use the jRDC2 server.

So, I'm looking to see if anyone else has successfully deployed the jRDC2 server app to the Azure App Service. and what steps you took to achieve this...

Obviously I could go down the PHP route as I've done with the Sensors+ESP32, but I like Erel's jRDC2 solution (I have tested the jRDC2 server app running locally against the Azure Database for MySQL server and that worked great).

I just need to know if its possible to deploy jRDC2 to Azure App Service.

Thanks.

Bladimir Silva Toro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Currently I work with jRDC2 connected to a SQL Server database.

It is important to know that the jRDC2 midlware needs to be executed within a server (Windows or Linux), for this you need access to the console in Linux or to the remote desktop in Windows.

I personally use a VPS service.

Upvote 0

SJQ

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, the Azure App Service is running on Linux server and apparently I should be able to configure the service to allow Java to run...

I'll have to spend some time looking into this...

Upvote 0

Situ LLC

Licensed User
Somethink like this ..:
'Non-UI application (console / server application)

#Region Project Attributes
    #CommandLineArgs:
    #MergeLibraries: True

#AdditionalJar: commons-text-1.9.jar
    #AdditionalJar: commons-lang3-3.12.0.jar

#AdditionalJar: HikariCP-4.0.3.jar

'Muchas aplicaciones dependen de este libreria.
    #AdditionalJar: slf4j-api-1.7.30.jar

'Esta es para el cifrado de las conexioens
    #AdditionalJar: bcprov-jdk15on-1.68.jar

'Driver
    #AdditionalJar: mysql-connector-java-8.0.22.jar   
#End Region

Sub Process_Globals
    Public serverMap As Map
    Type connection(server As Server,pool As HikariCP)

Public endPoint As String
    Public keyPoint As String
End Sub

Sub AppStart (Args() As String)
    Dim connectionsFolder As String = File.Combine(File.DirApp,"connections")
    Dim files As List = File.ListFiles(connectionsFolder)

endPoint = "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.azure.com"
    keyPoint = "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

Reactions: SJQ
Upvote 0

Situ LLC

Licensed User
I use Bj and run a .jar on my server (Linux), access facial recognition from azure Api,.
Also from my client application (android) I do the connection and I get the events from the bj jar.
I receive in my adroide the information already processed from the azure API
Using the jRDC2 on a server created with BJ and installed on an external / internal server either windows or linux is really fast and easy.

We develop a bj server with the ability to run several conecccions to different databases with a single BJ server handling a port assigned to each process

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Situ LLC

Licensed User
1626835164262.png

Upvote 0