Bug? Designer: Generate members (checkbox)

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Perhaps this was a mental block, in which case ignore this. I can't test this right now.

The other day I had added a checkbox to a panel and used the Generate Members menu by right-clicking on the checkbox in the new tree view off to the left. While I was able to generate a DIM statement and a CheckChanged event, there was no option to generate a CLICK event. Since I wanted to show a message to the user when the box was checked, I needed a click event and had to create it manually in the code since there was no option to generate it.

Not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but I think that all possible members should be available to "generate" for all view types. This may affect other view types as well.

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
The problem was that when restoring the setting through code (this was in a prefs screen), it was triggering the checkchanged event and causing a message box to appear. By using the click event, the message only appears when the user physically clicks on it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…