Designer on device shows only a black screen

carlos4

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi,

since i got my new tablet (archos 101g9, ics 4.03) the designer does not work anymore. my tablet is connected via wifi and b4abridge (v 2.0). if i try to connect the designer (v. 1.9) on my device, only a black screen with the title bar appears.

where is my mistake or is it a bug? i had no problems with my former tablet (archos 101g8, android 2.3). i think, i use the latest apps (bridge 2.0 and designer 1.9) or not?

any hints are welcome

carlos4

Licensed User
Longtime User
In the Logs tab at the right pane.

see my attached log.

log starts with connection to b4abridge. connection is established successfull. at the end are a lot error messages while connecting the designer with double click on chain icon. the designer appears with black background and titlebar on my tablet, but i did not see any object like buttons, listboxes and so on.

Attachments

• log.txt.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 173

carlos4

Licensed User
Longtime User
Seems like some other application is using the port that the designer tries to open.

I guess that you tried to reboot the tablet, right?

Did you try to connect with Bluetooth?

reboot did not help ;)

yep, port seems in use, but which one? pls tell me which ports are needed for the designer. maybe the firewall in my wifi router could be guilty, or the rootet tablet or or...

bluetooth connection is impossible because my desktop pc running linux and windows xp in a virtualbox machine; didn't found a proper bt dongle for this special case until now, but i had no problems with that combination in the past :( .

pls have a look in the attachment. this is a log from my tablet side recorded with alogcat. this shows you the connection for 2 times. i cannot see a big difference to my earlier log from within the development environment, but who knows... sometimes i'm blind.

greetings

Attachments

• alogcat.2012-04-03-17-48-07+0200.txt.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 165

carlos4

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't think that it is related to the firewall. It is used by some other application on the device. However I don't think that you are losing much by not running the designer on the device. It is usually more convenient to run the designer on the emulator. You can use the abstract designer to test the tablet layout.

thanks for support