Wish Designer Scripts

icarah

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've recently been tasked with porting over many,many activities that were specifically written for Kindle Fire (1024x600 Scale 1) to other resolutions using Designer Scripts. I am primarily using dip and %x/%y formats in the scripts with as few variants as necessary. However, some of these activities have UI's containing many dozens of views. For each one, I must manually calculate %x/%y which greatly slows down the process.

Would it be possible to have a function built into the Designer that one could find these values pre calculated based upon the current variant ? In other words, let's say I right click on the name of the view in the Designer Script window and it drops down a property list that includes all info about a view expressed in Dips and %x/%y. I should then be able copy/paste that info into the script where it is needed.

At the least, it would be useful to have such info displayed in the views of the abstract designer when in the script window. Then I wouldn't have to keeping switching back to the Main window to acquire dip info on a given view. Thanks for considering it.