Designer: The only thing I will never understand :-)

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well. After 3 years or so with B4x im able to do almost anything with it. RSA encryption over 1 million platforms combined with other encryptione methods. I'm able to "read" PKCS-Strings. I can develop any kind of database application with 1 billion users, use all kind of Google services like Firebase. But...

The only thing I never understood is to use the designer and how it really works to scale views, getting the correct textsize in a view. I'm still adding views by code using %x and %y to put them where I want to haven them. After that I use some scaling methods to take care of the textsizes. And yes, I know the basics about screen sizes, dips, etc. but ... I don't really get it :)

What's your blind spot?

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't have a blind spot :D

But seriously, you should invest some time using the designer it will save you tons of time creating your layouts.

Regarding the text size in a view using the designer, that's the simplest thing to do, just use AutoScaleAll and case closed.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
RDC is my blind spot... Anything DB related actually, just can't get my heard around it

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well. After 3 years or so with B4x im able to do almost anything with it. RSA encryption over 1 million platforms combined with other encryptione methods. I'm able to "read" PKCS-Strings. I can develop any kind of database application with 1 billion users, use all kind of Google services like Firebase. But...

The only thing I never understood is to use the designer and how it really works to scale views, getting the correct textsize in a view. I'm still adding views by code using %x and %y to put them where I want to haven them. After that I use some scaling methods to take care of the textsizes. And yes, I know the basics about screen sizes, dips, etc. but ... I don't really get it :)
YAHOOO I am not the only one who has had problems with layouts in 3 year :D.

What's your blind spot?
Very likely websockets; more in detail, I'm getting crazy (ehm... I'm already crazy :)) to develop a game and I don't know if in the end it was necessary to create so many routines, if I will have problems about: server speed, connections or "concurrency" (not DB only).

So, I would have had to answer:
What's your blind spot?
None :p

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
187bfl.jpg