Android Question Designer w/ custom views after external library added...

ericbrown

Licensed User
Longtime User
Alright, completely noob question... I've installed a custom library for B4A (it's the Google Map library) and have it selected in the Libraries. All the source examples reference a MapFragment, which is an object/view that is on the Activity (which you can edit via the Designer). How do I add objects/views to the 'Add View' list within the designer that references a MapFragment? All I have listed are the core objects (ie. button, checkbox, label, etc.).

I hope I'm making sense here... :p

BTW, I'm referencing that library in general; however, this isn't a question pertaining solely to that library. I need to know how to add object/views associated with external libraries to the activity designer. Thanks!

Respectfully,
Eric

ericbrown

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not all objects are defined in the designer when you are using custom views, the extra properties have to be added by code.

Would you have a source of any examples I could look at. That makes sense; however, I'm completely new to B4A (had a license for over a year, but just now getting around to trying things out). Appreciate the response and assistance...

Upvote 0

ericbrown

Licensed User
Longtime User
A little embarrassing... the error I was getting was because I was putting the dim statements in the Process_Globals. Moved them from there to the Globals sub, and the error in which I thought were referenced to the activity disappeared. Thanks, NJDude!

Upvote 0