Android Question DesignSupport - Additional Material Design components

JMB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there.

I am experimenting with the above library and I notice that in one of the examples - FloatingActionButton1_0 - it references an icon in the designer for the Floating Action Button Custom View.

Specifically, it sets it in the IconDrawable property, and it sets it to
B4X:
ic_favorite_white_24dp

This file doesn't appear to ship with the demo, so I am assuming that it is embedded in the Android Resource somewhere.

Or is it?

Is there a list of these IconDrawable icons which are bult in?

I've discovered the Material Design bit in the designer but I can't figure out how to set an icon from that even after copying and pasting into the correct bit (or so I think) in the Designer.

Sorry for all the "simple" questions I seem to be posting. I am old and feel very slow at picking all of this up! My mmory is certainly not what it was! I am alternating between the forums and the Android SDK notes online but it is slow progress!

Thanks for your patience.

Yours,

JMB

JMB

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have subsequently noticed a bunch of folders in the resources folder - I shall investigate further!

Upvote 0

JMB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the reply, Erel.

It's not so much that the view is missing. It's more trying to figure out where that resource came from - I think I need to explore the forum a bit more to learn about the resource folder and how to load it up.

The resource folder seems to have multiple folders for the various image resolutions and I need to research that.

Thanks for the link re the floating button. I shall check that out. I am still figuring out how the Manifest Editor can allow you to create your own themes and so on.

JMB

Upvote 0

JMB

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am just getting used to the various different ways of creating good looking views, and I have been exploring the Material Designs stuff just as it seems to standardise the look of an app.

I am pretty happy with the coding side of B4A now (I know enough to at least get a functional app running) - but the actual method to use to make an app look good still eludes me. That's why I've been looking at Themes and the Manifest Editor and the Additional Material Design stuff.

Thanks Erel.

JMB

Upvote 0

JMB

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried the example that you linked to in your post, and it appears to be missing a file - "flags.jpg".

JMB

Upvote 0