Android Question Dialogs library InputDialog password input only shows first character

RB Smissaert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Using the latest Dialogs library, 4.01.
Using it with PasswordMode = True.
The first input character shows for a short while (and that is what I expect), but subsequent characters
don't show at all. Is this by design or is this a bug?

RBS

RB Smissaert

Licensed User
Longtime User
It should be easy to create any dialog you like with CustomLayoutDialog. It will give you full control over the behavior.
Dialogs library 2017 - Custom dialogs and async methods

I had a look at that, but couldn't see the option to have hidden input, eg for a password.
Also, I prefer a solution without controls, just because I feel I am getting too many panels and
I don't need a sophisticated control.

RBS

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
but couldn't see the option to have hidden input, eg for a password
You can add any view you like to the dialog. The best option is to use a layout file for this.

Also, I prefer a solution without controls
Not sure that I understand however you should choose whichever solution you find better (there is no such thing as a dialog without controls).

Upvote 0

RB Smissaert

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can add any view you like to the dialog. The best option is to use a layout file for this.

Not sure that I understand however you should choose whichever solution you find better (there is no such thing as a dialog without controls).

I understand there will be controls somewhere, but with for example the dialogs library I only have code to deal with, no controls added to my layouts.
I suppose with a separate layout file, just for the new control this won't be a problem and will look into that.

RBS

Upvote 0