Different screen sizes

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by Gex, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Gex

Gex Member

Hello! Maybe i missed something, but i dont understand - can i write 1 version of program for all screen sizes, or i have to write 1 version for 1 size? I have 320x240 screen and wrote program for it but another man have 240x240 screen and he can see only a piece of full program:)

2. yildi

yildi Member Licensed User

Hi,
    This is a very frequent question. You can write one version of your program for different screen sizes, and automatically rearrange your forms in function of the screen size/orientation change. You must do this arrangement programmatically (check this forum about the Formlib library that has methods for detecting changes of the size of the forms as a consequence of an orientation change for example).

It would be really nice to have some facilities in Basic4PPC for managing at least the most standard screen sizes (yes, I am quite a lazy person, sorry Erel :) ).

I hope this helps.

Murat

3. Gex

Gex Member

oh, really frequent? sorry, I should be more attentive. anyway, thank you yildi! to rearrange my forms i must rearrange my code... all code... omg...

4. Gex

Gex Member

err... i have one more question. eg Form.Height returns height of screen i've made in the designer. FormLib have a Resize Event what occurs when the screen size CHANGES, but how can i get the size of the SCREEN, not the size of the FORM?

5. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

On the device forms are always resized to the size of the screen.
    So you could use Form.Width / Form.Height.