Different screen sizes

Gex

Hello! Maybe i missed something, but i dont understand - can i write 1 version of program for all screen sizes, or i have to write 1 version for 1 size? I have 320x240 screen and wrote program for it but another man have 240x240 screen and he can see only a piece of full program:)

yildi

Licensed User
Hi,
This is a very frequent question. You can write one version of your program for different screen sizes, and automatically rearrange your forms in function of the screen size/orientation change. You must do this arrangement programmatically (check this forum about the Formlib library that has methods for detecting changes of the size of the forms as a consequence of an orientation change for example).

It would be really nice to have some facilities in Basic4PPC for managing at least the most standard screen sizes (yes, I am quite a lazy person, sorry Erel :) ).

I hope this helps.

Murat

Gex

oh, really frequent? sorry, I should be more attentive. anyway, thank you yildi! to rearrange my forms i must rearrange my code... all code... omg...

Gex

err... i have one more question. eg Form.Height returns height of screen i've made in the designer. FormLib have a Resize Event what occurs when the screen size CHANGES, but how can i get the size of the SCREEN, not the size of the FORM?