Android Question DJI new Version

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Version 4.41 is released. It is based on DJI SDK v4.41. It supports waypoint missions
Ohh great.. Thank you for updating the Lib to the newest SDK.

Based on the new sources i made updated wrap for the DJI UI components, compiled it, prepared a new Example project with my DJI clientid but then i just remembered
It requires B4A v8+ (not yet released).
Any ETA for the new B4A Version? ;)
Any Spoilers about new features in this Version? :rolleyes:

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm afraid that it is not so close.
NP, i´ll be patient. You just made me courious about it posting the new DJI Library :)
It will include improvements to background executions as required by the new limits introduced in Android 8.
Sounds good.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You just made me courious about it posting the new DJI Library
As I wrote in that thread, it was a very challenging library to create. They are now using a third party tool to encrypt the actual classes.
The classes are loaded at runtime from a jar file that is stored in the assets folder.
The compile time classes are just stubs and must not be included in the APK.
This is set with this new option:
B4X:
#AdditionalJar: dji-sdk-provided-4.4.1, ReferenceOnly

Upvote 0

PABLO2013

Licensed User
Longtime User
regards
I wanted to know if at the end you could have done better or update your dji-drones library ... I was seeing that there are now widges of the proximity sensors and according to what you indicated at the time was that the part of the panels did not work well ... I would appreciate if you have a more current version or have you thought about updating it, in these days this is working on an application for my drone and it would be very useful ..

Upvote 0

PABLO2013

Licensed User
Longtime User
Greetings I understand ... but I could try it for you;) (p4pro)... anyway thanks for the interest and so much dedication ... if I could try it would be great ... thanks

Upvote 0

Arto

Licensed User
i´ll not be able to test them at all as my Drone (Phantom 3 ADV) does not have any Proxymity sensor... Only the High-end models have them.

Sorry for the newbie qts.
Im trying to learn to program DJI drones (I have P3A like you). Im not a programmer but I know enough to be dangerous. Im at my wits end trying to follow DJI developer demos for Android Studio from github, as it appears code is out of date, versions dont match, gradles dont compile, etc. So Ive come upon B4A as potential android development environment for DJI drone programming. Between the Experts here, there are some UIs that have taken flight. However, I see that this DJI thread on the B4A community is almost a year old. Before I plunk down $$$, and finish up the B4J and B4A video tutorials, would you recommend B4A for DJI Drone Programming, or should I try something else? Thank you for your guidance. Arto Dec 27, 2018

Upvote 0