dllToDate stating point

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is what happened to me:

Using my default browser firefox the try.exe program doesn't recognize me (authentication failed) :(. I tested with or without "remeber me".

Using the IE the authentication failed if I logged in without "remember me". After I checked "remember me" the
- user authentication was successful
- the licence verification was successful

After that, the user authentication and licence verification is successful every time I start the try.exe even there is no browser running at all. So an available IE cookie seems to be necessary. :confused:

specci48

That seems to be a cookie issue...
The remember me options stores a cookie to enable auto-login...
Please keep this info comming...
Firefox users should chek if they can "View Source Code" of the forum page, or have IE as their default browser...

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
specci48 said:
So an available IE cookie seems to be necessary
Yes, because Cableguy is using a Browser control to check a web page and that control is based on IE.

Cableguy said:
That seems to be a cookie issue
It is, and I still can't get it to work (and I have the source code), I'll PM the details to Cableguy. It is probably a security issue. I am using Vista (Home Premium) and IE7. Has anyone with this combination got it to work?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Some Info for the users who can't get this to work is posted on post#1...
I will be away for a few days, and probably only return to the forum the 1st of January...
But my PC is ON 24h/days, so I may apear as online...

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well...
I can only say that I am running WnXP SP2, IE7, FF3, B4PPC6.5, .NET3.5 SDK...
And All Works like a charm...So I will Stick to this procedure as a starting point and refine...Perhaps later along the way a better way of user authentication may be available...

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think I have found a workable solution that will enable any browser to properly authenticate the Username AND Password...
But I need more testing and IF THERE IS SOME HTML/PHP EXPERT OUT THERE WILLING TO HELP ME OUT, IT WILL BE MOST APRECIATED...
Hope to have a working solution for the authentication issue this weekend..

Zenerdiode

Licensed User
Login Failed

Hi Paulo,

Using:
FireFox 3.0.5 (I don't use IE)
Win XP SP2

I have Cookies accepted for basic4ppc.com and I am able to view the page source HTML.

However, the authentication does not work. :(

Mr_Gee

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think I have found a workable solution that will enable any browser to properly authenticate the Username AND Password...
But I need more testing and IF THERE IS SOME HTML/PHP EXPERT OUT THERE WILLING TO HELP ME OUT, IT WILL BE MOST APRECIATED...
Hope to have a working solution for the authentication issue this weekend..
I have some php/html knowledge..
let me know if i can help

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Mr_Gee...

I got my html bit working, now I only need to include some "online" info in it...
I now have a working "transparent" Forum login procedure that is almost FullProof...
I've now started working on some registry lookups/setups wich will be used instead of the ini file..
For now the grafical UI will be as basic as I can get, with all working features, But I will try to add a module to enable user themes...
I just don't have the time to speed this app progress as much as I would like, but after this first issues are of the way, everything else will be simpler to discuss/make it work...

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
New Working Authentication procedure to test on Post#1...
Please PM me if you want to have a peek at the source...and if you are a registered user of Basic4ppc...

PLEASE GIVE SOME FEEDBACK EITHER IF IT WORKED FOR YOU OR NOT...

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Paulo,

It works OK for me.

Best regards.

Hi Paulo,

This did not work for me. I'm not sure where to extract this to. I tried running it from the desktop, from my B4PPC directory, but I always get an error message "unable to locate basic4ppc installation directory"

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you install basic4ppc in the default dir?

I did add a Regestry look up to retrieve the basic4ppc dir from it, and Found it under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Basic4ppc Source Code...
can you check to see if its there and if its not then let me know were it is...

Edit:
Perhaps i'de better add an extra entry to the configPanel to enter the Libraries dir...
What do you guys think?
Is it better/easier?

Last edited:

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi both,

@digitaldon37, did you have in your folder the DllToDate.ini file that was in the original post of cablaguy, it is no more in the last post ?

Without this one your are missing the path for B4PPC.

Content of the ini file:
B4X:
username
English.lng
C:\Program Files\Anywhere Software\Basic4ppc Desktop\Libraries

@Paulo, you changed the language filename from EN.lng to English.lng, this should be changed in the DllToDate.ini file.

Best regards.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The ini file is no longer necessary as ALL relevant values are stored directly in the regestry...
Later today I will release an updated version with a Folder search for the librarie Folder...

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you install basic4ppc in the default dir?

I did add a Regestry look up to retrieve the basic4ppc dir from it, and Found it under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Basic4ppc Source Code...
can you check to see if its there and if its not then let me know were it is...

Edit:
Perhaps i'de better add an extra entry to the configPanel to enter the Libraries dir...
What do you guys think?
Is it better/easier?

I did not install Basic4PPC in a default directory; I am running it off a USB drive directory.

I don't think you can assume everyone will install it to a default directory. I vote for adding an extra entry

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I did not install Basic4PPC in a default directory; I am running it off a USB drive directory.
I have also a running usb stick based Basic4PPc, wich sometimes gives me troubles because it is NOT an installed Application...

I don't think you can assume everyone will install it to a default directory. I vote for adding an extra entry

Yes I will be adding the entry for easy to use, but I intend to also make this app a background-running app, wich will check for updates at a given time, and This will not work with an USB stick based B4ppc, unles you make sure the USB stick is present or have a desktop based Dll folder...

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
:sign0060:As promissed, now allows the user to brwse the folder and choose the dlls destination, usually the same as all the standart dlls...
Also some minor tweaks, just to improve the looks...
Hopefully now it will work for EVERYBODY, including Digitaldon37:signOops::sign0188:

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
:sign0060:As promissed, now allows the user to brwse the folder and choose the dlls destination, usually the same as all the standart dlls...
Also some minor tweaks, just to improve the looks...
Hopefully now it will work for EVERYBODY, including Digitaldon37:signOops::sign0188:

It works! :)