• No

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • What is version control?

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

MaFu

Licensed User
Longtime User
But something like this really does belong in the IDE.
I have Mercurial plugins in Visual Studio and Delphi. But i rarely use it, most of the time i use the TortoiseHg workbench.
Independendly of my used tool (Visual Studio, Delphi, CodeTyphon, B4X, PyCharm, Arduino IDE, Android Studio, ...) i have always the same look and feel and the same functionality.

mrred128

Licensed User
Longtime User
They don't quite work the same as there are side effects....like having to exclude working directories from the IDE. Having it integrated usually means when you set up a new project, usually all that anal stuff is taken care of. I can't tell you how many times that "turtle" got out of sync with the OS. It's just a PITA.

mrred128

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not fanning the flames.......But in looking to see if I were better off switching from svn to git I came across this read. I'm parked with svn for some time to come. This just isn't much of an advantage.

https://svnvsgit.com/

mrred128

Licensed User
Longtime User

I should probably explain that I am not really a snob....per se. I'm in my 50s and I have been professionally coding since the mid 80s. The coding teams I've worked with tend to be on the low side of 5 and the high side of 80. "teaming" has been a way of life for many years.

When you code your own stuff working with yourself.....it's not that unproductive to drop the ide to sync your branch with another utility. In more of an enterprise situation it could seam like you could waste half your day doing this.....for other people working on the same project as you. IDE integration of RCS/CVS/SVN/GIT (or what ever) is often a deciding factor on what you wind up programming in.

I just switched my arduino C coding environments over this. If there was an alternative B4X ide that supported versioning, I would switch too.