• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kps

Hello,
For newbies like me, example apps are a big source of inspiration and avoid a lot of unwanted struggling in a strange domain.
It is very easy to adapt / modify / extend an available example as per one's need.
One could pickup code snippets from various example and piece them together easily.

It would also save a lot of bother for the support people in the forums. They don't have to be fire-fighting all the time.

When I was learning Visual Basic, I had plenty of books to fall back upon.
Please see my partial collection of books on Visual Basic. A number of books lent to others never came back.

VB Books.jpeg

Added to this, there were forums like PlanetSourceCode where you could find examples for every conceivable application.

I practically never had to reach out to any one with any kind of query.

While B4X has a huge community sincerely helping people, I feel there is really no need to tax them.
It is enough if template examples are there for using the potential of each library.
As newcomers to Java and android, we find it quite difficult. We are clueless most of the time and land up in various difficulties at each step.

If these needs are addressed, I am sure B4X would spread like wildfire.
In spite of my many years of exposure to legacy VB, I frankly find it quite daunting to get used to this new area.
I am always on slippery ground and groping in the dark. I don't know when I will have the real comfort factor.
I am really curious how many newcomers have similar views.

Regards,
KPS