Android Question "DoubleClick" and "LongClick" in B4A as in the mentioned sample

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLI

Licensed User
I would like to use "DoubleClick" and/or "LongClick" in B4A, similar to this sample:

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-xui-sd-b4xviewevent.92507/#post-660534

Loading this sample the libraries "Core (Version 9.0)" and "XUI (Version 1.9)" are activated. ManagerEvent and TCoordinate are notified as unkown Types. What is missing? What about Library sd_b4xviewevent? If sd_b4xviewevent is missing, how can I add this Library?

Sorry about these questions. I am a beginner, using B4A since about 1 month. Many thanks for any detailed answers.

HLI

Licensed User
Thank you for your post. I solved my problem.

I have an other question: Is it correct to insert additional libraries in ....|Anywhere Software\Basic4android\Libraries or should they placed anywhere else and how?

I am coding an app for an almost blind person (and for fun). Instead of doubleclick, longclicks etc. I found an other better solution: Using voice recognition for writing text, a catch self defined spoken commands and write code for these commands. This approch is very promising. Some commands have been accomplished.

B4A is a wonderfull tool. I am happy about it.

(I hope that my Englih is not too bad!)

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have an other question: Is it correct to insert additional libraries in ....|Anywhere Software\Basic4android\Libraries or should they placed anywhere else and how?
You should NOTsave additional libraries in Anywhere Software\Basic4android\Libraries!
You should define a specific folder for the additional libraries and set the folder in Configure paths in the Tool menu.

upload_2019-5-6_8-47-49.png

upload_2019-5-6_8-48-20.png

If you have B4A version 9+ you should define the following substructure in the AdditionalLibraries folder:

upload_2019-5-6_8-51-36.png

One subfolder for each product and a B4X subfolder for B4XLibraries.
I added a B4XlibXMLFiles folder for XML help files for B4XLibraries.

Upvote 0

jimmyF

Licensed User
Longtime User
I added a B4XlibXMLFiles folder for XML help files for B4XLibraries.
Just curious because I don't believe I have seen any of these. Are they available anywhere for download?
e.g. B4XTable or XUI Views

Thanks
-j

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For the B4X libraries I have posted the xxx.xml files are included in the thread with the B4XLibrary and the demo program.
For others, if they are not included, you can generate them with Erel's tool, link in Erels post above.
The xxx.xml files are useful with the B4X Help Viewer or the B4XObjectBrowser.

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is the rule that every thread a single question still valid?
And also that the title must correspond to the topic being discussed?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is the rule that every thread a single question still valid?
And also that the title must correspond to the topic being discussed?
Both are of course valid and important. However we don't need to be 100% strict. 90%+ is fine.

I will close this thread.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.