Android Question DRONE: DJI Tello

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is it possible to drive the DJI TELLO drone with Erel's DJI Drone library, or with another B4A (and B4i) library?

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very interesting, I study it above.
Eventually you could create a library, do not you think?

Upvote 0

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks, the class is attached to the post; you can analize and test it, maybe you'll want to change/add something.

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
At the moment I'm considering whether to buy a DJI Tello.

I saw the class, it's done well, but I seem to miss some commands, but no I would be wrong.
I would also like to understand the question of sending video.

My idea at the moment is to rewrite everything if possible, I like to develop my code whenever possible. maybe integrate my 3D Library in order to show a preview of the DRONE in 3D as you set up the simulations.

But I'm still evaluating

Upvote 0

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
My advice is to sign up at https://tellopilots.com/forums/tello-development.8/ and search info about the sending message format and the commands and video receive (there's even an OpenCV object tracking programs)
In the class I've used the Tello SDK, that doesn't allow video receive and another low-level characteristics (again, look at tellopilots...)

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ok. Thank's.

I would not have misunderstood, but it seems to me that in the B4J example you did not use Java-SDKs but you are sending UDP packets to the WIFI address of the Drone to transmit commands.
I'm wrong?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the first draft of the controller. Obviously it lacks a bit of stuff
Video1.gif

UPDATE (Android and IPhone)
1.png
Iphone.PNG

PSX_20181122_083919.jpg

And if you look long into a Drone, the Drone will also look inside you. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hypnos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Star-Dust,

Can you give me some hints or sample B4X code for the Tello low-level command (stick command [cmdID=80]) ?

I just purchase Tello for few days and I would like to build a device using B4R for ESP32 joystick control, I can send "text" command using ESP32 like "forward 500", "left 50" etc without problem but I would like to use the low level stick command for better control, can you please help me!

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Star-Dust,

Can you give me some hints or sample B4X code for the Tello low-level command (stick command [cmdID=80]) ?

I just purchase Tello for few days and I would like to build a device using B4R for ESP32 joystick control, I can send "text" command using ESP32 like "forward 500", "left 50" etc without problem but I would like to use the low level stick command for better control, can you please help me!

Thanks!
I started working on low-level commands, which respond better, but I did not have time to complete I'm sorry

Upvote 0