B4J Library [DSE] PaneLayout

I've been working a lot in MySQL lately and got fed up creating layouts that were very similar to show audit reports.

I came up with this which is a designer script extension that loads however many labels you specify into a pane. You can define the widths, left margin and EventNames for the labels so they can respond to being clicked.

Screenshot 2023-04-28 145806.jpg

Set up is:

Define the pane to be filled in the designer script. DSE_Layout.Create(pnTitle)

B4X:
    Dim DSE As DSE_PaneLayout
    DSE.Initialize
    XUI.RegisterDesignerClass(DSE)
    DSE.Count = 4
    DSE.Widths = Array As Double(150,150,150,350)
    DSE.LeftMargin = 5
    DSE.EventNames = Array As String("","","","Web")

The class needs to be registered as a designer class so that it does not get loaded with the layout
The parent layout should have HandleResizeEvent disabled, which means resizing is handled in the report class and needs to be delegated from the main module (or b4xPage).

The class is in the project, you could amend it to add different views if you wanted to.

The project includes a small SQLite database so you need one of the sqlite-jdbc jar versions in your library and change the #AdditionaJar directive to match.

You should be able to use it in B4a, and maybe B4i, if you change the event handling code to suit.

Data was taken from https://www.briandunning.com/sample-data/

I hope you find it useful.

Update V1.1
Removed the need to manage resize.

Update V1.2
Added Checkbox, Combobox, Textfield, Spacing between views and Reset so that the same class can be reused.

See report 2, Only Textfield actually does anything in the demo, Combobox and Checkbox just log the fact that they have been changed.
The Reset method resets all options to default so that the class can be easily reused.

Attachments

• SQLite-DSE-v1.1.zip
    19 KB · Views: 84
  • SQLite-DSE-v1.2.zip
    19.9 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Update V1.1
Removed the need to manage page resize.

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Update V1.2
Added Checkbox, Combobox, Textfield, Spacing between views and Reset so that the same class can be reused.

Mainly so that I could easily build a filter panel as in Report 2.