Android Question dual rear camera

hayderOICO

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi all

there's a new generation of android devices coming out with dual rear cameras. I don't have one yet, but have a new project where I'll be using one.

The use case involves using one of the cameras for preview and taking still images with the other camera.

so the question is... can b4a handle this using existing tools (cameraEx etc...)?

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi all

there's a new generation of android devices coming out with dual rear cameras. I don't have one yet, but have a new project where I'll be using one.

The use case involves using one of the cameras for preview and taking still images with the other camera.

so the question is... can b4a handle this using existing tools (cameraEx etc...)?
Maybe something in the line of this (it starts both the front and back cameras simultaneously on the HTC)

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...has-flash-inline-java-code.66427/#post-427412

Upvote 0

hayderOICO

Licensed User
Longtime User
thanks for the replies Johan and Erel.

Once I get a dual rear camera phone I will test the above tool. In the meantime I (amongst many others) are hoping that we can have the camera2 api on b4a soon! I absolutely hate the idea of having to fire up android studio :(

Please make it a priority Erel... alternatively can we access camera2 api using javaobjects ?

Upvote 0