Android Question Dual-use Bluetooth

joedarock

Licensed User
Longtime User
I want to build a device that is remotely controlled via a Bluetooth serial data link and also stream audio to/from the device from the same Bluetooth interface. Is this possible with mechanisms that B4A supports?

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A supports serial communication via asyncstreams.. so whatever you design make sure you incorporate in it standard serial interface. USB, RS232/RS485... etc. and you are fine.

Upvote 0

joedarock

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A supports serial communication via asyncstreams.. so whatever you design make sure you incorporate in it standard serial interface. USB, RS232/RS485... etc. and you are fine.
Thanks Beja

I'm using asyncstreams for serial data transfer already, so I know about that. What I don't know is how to do the audio streaming over the same hardware interface while also doing serial data transfers. They're 2 different protocols.

Upvote 0

joedarock

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel
This would be for a home-made ham radio transceiver with wireless remote operating head (the Android device).
I'd like to just build in an off-the-shelf bluetooth audio board or module, say the type used for headsets, but I'm open to suggestions. Ideally, the audio to/from the radio would come from the Android mic/speaker and control would be effected via serial bluetooth data.

Upvote 0