Duplicate Nav on Every Activity (page/screen) or is there a better way?

PaulD

Licensed User
Longtime User
On every Activity (page/screen) I am planning to have the same top nav and bottom nav (3 buttons with graphics on both the top and bottom of the screen)

Is it better to write the code then just copy to each new Activity (page/screen) or is there a way to make it just once in a library or module or something?

Speed is the key... what's the fastest way for the app to move between activity's (pages/screens)

Should the "buttons" be built individually with graphics and backgrounds OR is a single pic with invisible "buttons" the better way to go... (for speed and/or different screen sizes)

Here is a pic of what I am trying to do... any suggestions would be much appreciated....

http://solidmarketingstrategies.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/RTVapp-nav.png

Thanks...
Paul
:sign0104:

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

PaulD

Licensed User
Longtime User
NJDude!

Thank YOU! This is very cool!! Only if I could actually make it work.... ARRGGG!

I must be some kind of idiot... I followed the instructions, however I am getting this error...

Parsing code. Error
Error parsing program.
Error description: Undeclared variable 'actionbar' is used before it was assigned any value.
Occurred on line: 24
ActionBar.Initialize(Activity, Me, "Manager", Null, Colors.ARGB(255, 20, 20, 20), Colors.ARGB(255, 160, 160, 160), True, True, True)

I suck at this!! :sign0161:

Upvote 0

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you:

1- Copied the 2 files to your additional libraries folder?
2- Put a check on the library to reference it? (right hand column on the IDE, under the LIBS tab)
3- Initialized the library?

Also, check the example attached, it seems you are missing something.

Upvote 0

PaulD

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That error has nothing to do with the library, however, you have reported that error HERE and in some other thread, I would suggest you keep B4A on your local computer, that might be the cause of the problem, not sure, but it is possible.

Upvote 0