E-Mail from Apple Developer

Descartex

Licensed User
Longtime User
When you think about it, not even Erel wants so much money a year, and Erel really works a lot for his money.
This has brought to mind an image of Erel characterized as a kind of Gollum saying: "My treeeeeeasure"
(Just kidding)

Descartex

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
Hardly a year has passed and already Apple wants 99Euro again. :D

When you think about it, not even Erel wants so much money a year, and Erel really works a lot for his money.
Now seriusly.
Cupertino boys are a bunch of vampires...

D

Deleted member 103

Cupertino boys are a bunch of vampires...

upload_2019-9-23_12-58-15.jpeg

Descartex

Licensed User
Longtime User

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
does Apple Store also fetch 30% of the app sale like google do?
99€ looks a lot but here if me goto a fast food restaurant 10€ is nothing for one meal.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
yes, 30%.

€99 is a lot if you don't have active users but if you earn atleast 8.25/month through ads and/or sales you'll make profit and the 'investment' has been returned.

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
does Apple Store also fetch 30% of the app sale like google do?
99€ looks a lot but here if me goto a fast food restaurant 10€ is nothing for one meal.

It is if you live in a country that the average nurse makes $250 a month and the lunch the average person can afford is $1.50

netsistemas

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why don't we share an account among several users?
I have only do a single application and know all process. I buy b4i but never i do nothing, because 99 dolars, for me, is lost the money for... nothing.

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is if you live in a country that the average nurse makes $250 a month and the lunch the average person can afford is $1.50
agree, the price should belong a country, i know also people that get 1/10 salary or less in Asia :(

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
then you probably use banners and barely get any clicks on them?

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I never used both. is the CPM average calculated over both banners and interstitials? if that is the case the banners will bring down the cpm.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
On the other hand we should consider that Google is collecting constantly much more money by giving license of Android usage to mobile phones manufacturers and their earnings are per device. Thus we all enjoy only 20€ in Google play store developer account.

The same is valid for Apple. It does not provide iOS to other mobile phone manufacturers and thus it rolls the cost to devices and developers.

Both companies are living organisms who need to be feeded to produce and give us their "products" although now that I think about it the previous sentence looks kind of disgusting. :D:D

As a developer though I believe that Android is much much much better than iOS since it provides a lot more opportunities and it does not totally break your b@lls out of caring for security...:eek::eek::eek::eek:

SayCheese

Licensed User
On the other hand we should consider that Google is collecting constantly much more money by giving license of Android usage to mobile phones manufacturers and their earnings are per device. Thus we all enjoy only 20€ in Google play store developer account.

The same is valid for Apple. It does not provide iOS to other mobile phone manufacturers and thus it rolls the cost to devices and developers.

Both companies are living organisms who need to be feeded to produce and give us their "products" although now that I think about it the previous sentence looks kind of disgusting. :D:D

As a developer though I believe that Android is much much much better than iOS since it provides a lot more opportunities and it does not totally break your b@lls out of caring for security...:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Of course this post is from a developer point of view. But even from a customer point of view Apple's prices are outrageous.
That said: people willing to pay this much for a phone probably don't care about spending twice the price of even more for a phone and nobody should have problems with that.