Tool Edit Studio - A Project Code Editor for B4IAJ Projects

I spend over 40 hours a week using Visual Studio for work related development.

So I am kind of used to that IDE environment, so with that in mind I thought it would be a great idea to write an IDE that is similar to Visual Studio for BA, B4I and B4J code development.

This started as an in-house project but I am thinking of releasing it here for anyone else who would like to use it.

It will be about a month before a release version is available but I would like to get some feedback in the way of suggestions for additions, wishes etc from anyone who is interested.

Note: Edit Studio will allow the creation of new or the editing of existing B4 projects, there is no compiler or Layout editing although Layout files are displayed in the project editor for reference.

All the usual goodies such as code snippet insertion, intellisense etc are included as well as dockable edit windows. I will post a full feature list with the release version.

Cheers

EditStudio01.jpg EditStudio02.jpg

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
looks very interesting and probably has some things that have been requested before but didn't make it in the current release yet.

Do you need to jump back and forth to B4A to test/compile?

Azlan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi sorex,

Yes that is the case, however B4A etc can be launched from Edit Studio with the project that you are working on.

Any changes made with the B4A editor etc will be detected and reloaded automatically in Edit Studio.

Cheers.

P.S. Thanks to all of you who have posted likes.

Azlan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Addendum to last post.

Dual monitor view of opening a project in B4A from Edit Studio.

Attachments

• OpenInB4A-Example.jpg
    OpenInB4A-Example.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 389

Azlan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Beta release in about 2 weeks, subject to my current work load.

Cheers.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Will it be desktop only? Is an Android version a possibility?

avacondios

Licensed User
Longtime User
It will be wonderful, if Erel will provide a command line compilation for b4a projects.

Azlan

Licensed User
Longtime User
@ Cableguy, Desktop this time round but maybe later I will look into the possibility of an Android version.

@avacondios, Yes it would be wonderful but not likely.

Cheers.

Thraka

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks good, but why didn't you just create an actual visual studio add-in? I would much rather have it all in visual studio.

Azlan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Thraka,

I could of gone that path as I have done so before but in this case I wanted a somewhat challenging fun project.

Cheers.

pappicio

Licensed User
Longtime User
well, thanks a lot, so we'll able to finally test for with "next" auto complete! I cannot wait...