Android Question EditText line color

AHilberink

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I am using White as Background.

Is there a way to change the lines of de EditText fields to a different color? On black background the lines are visible (grey), but on white they aren't because of the color.

Best regards,
André

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
EditText.TextColor

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi André,

sorry to have misread your post. Obviously the "lines" you were referring to were graphical lines rather than lines of text in a multi-line text box.
As Erel already explained, you need to operate on the XML file to solve your problem.

udg

Upvote 0

AHilberink

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi André,

sorry to have misread your post. Obviously the "lines" you were referring to were graphical lines rather than lines of text in a multi-line text box.
As Erel already explained, you need to operate on the XML file to solve your problem.

udg

Thanks.

I never worked on the XML file, so I don't know how. I will study this for the next time. For now I will change the background.

If it is very easy to change through the XML file: are you willing to give a short instruction/example?

Best regards,
Andre

Upvote 0

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

AHilberink

Licensed User
Longtime User
You could add a label (1-2dip high - same width) under the edittext (like a line) to show the dimensions of it or a label behind it (1-2dip larger) to create some sort of a border effect.

Thanks. That's a lot of work, but it is an option. I will try this.

Upvote 0

AHilberink

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not complicated however it does require some work. See the example in the library: http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/xmllayoutbuilder-load-xml-layouts.33762/

You need to add android:textCursorDrawable:="@null" to the text view element. It will cause the cursor to be the same color as the text.

Thanks. I downloaded the example. As I understood there is no GUI to build the layout anymore.

2 questions:
- How do I convert my existing BAL file?
- How can I see/edit my layout without GUI?

Best regards,
André

Upvote 0