EditText numeric keyboard option with multiple decimal points

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
As discussed in this thread, I would like an EditText option to force the numeric/calculator keyboard but allow multiple decimal points to be entered. This would be ideal for when a user needs to enter an IP address.

The current options do not allow this:

INPUT_TYPE_TEXT allows multiple decimal points but shows the full (alpha) keyboard, which isn't an ideal keyboard to present to the user if they are to only enter numbers.

INPUT_TYPE_NUMBERS shows the numeric/calculator keyboard but will not allow the user to enter any decimal points.

INPUT_TYPE_DECIMAL_NUMBERS is close but it will not allow more than one period (decimal point) to be entered.

Thanks for your consideration!

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
With a new version being due in the near future, I figured I'd bump this thread. I think this would be nice to have and practical as well.

Still would also be able to lock views to prevent accidental bumping when trying to select it in the designer. And of course an option to group re-size and re-position by percentage in the abstract designer. Maybe holding down shift while scrolling the wheel or pressing arrow buttons would re-size as opposed to nudging up, down, left, right.

SeaCay

Licensed User
Longtime User
Did this ever happy? If so where can I find out more? :sign0104:

regards

SeaCay

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
I haven't tried it again since the 1.80 update but since it was never mentioned in a release note or this thread, I don't think it's been addressed.

As Ford above mentioned, one could create a custom keyboard, but I'd prefer the app to use the keyboard that the user knows and expects. It seems this option is available in Android and I wouldn't think it would be a huge task to support it (but I don't know that). Hopefully in the next update? :)