Android Question Emulate a Sony Xperia

antonomase

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I have developped an application for phones with larges text zones on the screen. It works with my phone (Samsung SIII 720x1280 pixels, 4.8", 306ppi) and with some other phones.

One of my friend has a Sony Xperia SP LTE (C5303 720x1280, 4.6", 319ppi) and on that screen, the text areas seems to be at the right place and correctly sized, but the text font size seems to be too big and the text is truncated.

I try to emulate this on AVD but I can't reproduce this error.

Has somebody try to emulate a Sony Xperia SP LTE or somebody knows to correct the bug ?

Thanks

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

i am using an Sony Xperia Z1 compact D5503; you can send me relevant parts or designs and i can try to figure out what's wrong.

Upvote 0

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I have developped an application for phones with larges text zones on the screen. It works with my phone (Samsung SIII 720x1280 pixels, 4.8", 306ppi) and with some other phones.

One of my friend has a Sony Xperia SP LTE (C5303 720x1280, 4.6", 319ppi) and on that screen, the text areas seems to be at the right place and correctly sized, but the text font size seems to be too big and the text is truncated.

I try to emulate this on AVD but I can't reproduce this error.

Has somebody try to emulate a Sony Xperia SP LTE or somebody knows to correct the bug ?

Thanks
Maybe your friend changed the setting on his device to get bigger fonts (in french, its under Affichage/Taille de la police ou Accessibilité/Grands caractères).

Upvote 0

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

antonomase

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks. Sometime it's hard to find in the forum, i was searching in Phone getsystem... with a cat thinking it's time to sleep on the keyboard :)

Edit : the code with recursive resizing works fine

Last edited:
Upvote 0