Android Question Error Firebase with B4A V8

Marcos Alves

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I'm trying to compile an apk using B4A V8 and got the error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: No virtual method subscribeToTopic(Ljava/lang/StringV in class Lcom/google/firebase/messaging/FirebaseMessaging; or its super classes (declaration of 'com.google.firebase.messaging.FirebaseMessaging' appears in /data/app/com.comten.nexphone-2/base.apk)

The compilation was running without any error in B4A V7... what's wrong?

Like recommended, I added the lines to Manifest:

CreateResourceFromFile(Macro, FirebaseAnalytics.GooglePlayBase)
CreateResourceFromFile(Macro, FirebaseAnalytics.Firebase)
CreateResourceFromFile(Macro, FirebaseNotifications.FirebaseNotifications)
CreateResourceFromFile("google-services", "google-services.json")

Doesn't work either . I'm seriously thinking to do a downgrade to B4A 7...

Last edited:

Marcos Alves

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @Erel ... thanks for answering. I'm sure that in V8 I'll do much more. Now it's clear: the Firebase library old version has a compatibility issue with new Android SDK. My suggestion: in the thread https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4a-v8-0-has-been-released.90828/#content - add explicit comment that it's needed to update the Firebase, with the link to download the new version. I recommend this because many community members - including me - are using an old version of sdk and installing V8 we upgrade this as a step of the process - so, it's easy don't realize that the problem is related to sdk version . By the way, thanks for fast and efficient job as always - your support makes B4X the best framework to use in the world!

Upvote 0

Marcos Alves

Licensed User
Longtime User
Update... considering the Google Sdk 26 deadline (November = panic ! ) , I finally did the upgrade and worked in V8! Thanks @Erel

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…