I'm happy to release B4A v8.80. This version includes a new type of libraries named b4x libraries. b4x libraries are made of B4X code modules, general files, layout files and a manifest file. b4x libraries can be cross platform and also have other advantages over the standard compiled libraries.
- b4x libraries: [new feature] b4x library - a new type of library
- XUI Views: [B4X] XUI Views - Cross platform views and dialogs
- X2 games framework: [B4X] X2 / XUI2D (Box2D) - Game engine
- Auto-backups: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/new-feature-auto-backups.100010
- Go to the code line directly from the logs: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/new-feature-go-to-the-code-line-directly-from-the-logs.100090
- Intent.SetPackage method.
- Fix for wrong 'dip' scale issue that occurred in some edge cases.
- Canvas.RemoveClip works with targetSdkVersion = 28.
- Log correctly shows duplicate messages (relevant to Android 8+ devices).
- Updated internal libraries: FirebaseAuth v1.06, Camera2 v1.11, XUI2D v1.02, Core v8.80 and debug libs.
- Debugger improvements:
- Fix for issue where resumable sub could show the wrong value for a global variable.
- Fix for issue where the error message points to the wrong module.
- XUI v1.90 with B4XView.EditTextHint, SetTextSizeAnimated, XUI.CreateFontAwesome and CreateMaterialIcons methods.
- Other bug fixes and minor improvements.
An email with installation instructions will be sent to all developers who are eligible for a free upgrade. Other developers will receive a renewal offer.
Note that B4J v7.0 was also released today: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4j-v7-0-is-available-for-download.100938/#content
Thank you for your help!!!