Android Question Error in AndroidManifest.xml

Penfound

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi I'm getting an error message...

B4X:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The meta-data tag in your app's AndroidManifest.xml does not have the right value.  Expected 4132500 but found 4242000.  You must have the following declaration within the <application> element:  <meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" android:value="@integer/google_play_services_version" />
...and as far as I can tell I have already entered it into the manifest file as below...

B4X:
AddApplicationText(
<meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" android:value="@integer/google_play_services_version"/>

<activity android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.AdActivity" android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|uiMode|screenSize|smallestScreenSize"/>
)

I did try adding just the <Application> tag but it did not want to accept that.
I know it is me but what have I got wrong please?

Cheers all
Penfound

Penfound

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel

I was following your tutorial as best I could so I added this...

B4X:
#AdditionalRes: C:\AndroidSDK\extras\google\google_play_services\libproject\google-play-services_lib\res, com.google.android.gms

I have just checked that actual location and the folder exists but the "com.google.android.gms" is not there and I have searched my machine for it and can't find it anywhere. I have used the AndroidSDK Manager to download all the files you suggested. Is there anything else I can do?

Cheers
Penfound

Upvote 0

Penfound

Licensed User
Longtime User
I did discover that google_play_services.jar was smaller than another one. I thought I had copied it across but apparently not. So I did copy it across and, guess what - no change :(

Still got the error.

IT seems there is no solution to this one as I tried Googling the bit about expecting 4132500 instead of 4242000. Each lead I followed ended up in the murky greyness of no solution.

Ce la vie!

Penfound

Upvote 0

Penfound

Licensed User
Longtime User
Updating the Google Play Services.apk eventually worked. It took three goes before it decided that there was an update suitable for download.

Thanks Erel

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i have the same problem and i dont know what to do after i updated google play service to rev17 its not working anymore rev 15 worked well

what can i do? how do i update the google play service in the device?

Upvote 0

CyclopDroid

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have the same problem.
My application it's completed on 05.25.2014. Now, when I go to edit it (to Update) I get that error. :(

Into SDK Manager it's All upgrade!

I dont't modify my code and the graphics it's wrong!

This is my error log: :eek:

Errgms.jpg

and this is my Manifest.xml

B4X:
AddManifestText(
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="13" android:targetSdkVersion="16"/>
<supports-screens android:largeScreens="true"
    android:normalScreens="true"
    android:smallScreens="true"
    android:anyDensity="true"/>)
AddManifestText(<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.telephony" android:required="false" />)
SetApplicationAttribute(android:icon, "@drawable/icon")
SetApplicationAttribute(android:label, "$LABEL$")
AddApplicationText(
<meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version"
  android:value="@integer/google_play_services_version"/>
<activity android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.AdActivity"
  android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|uiMode|screenSize|smallestScreenSize"/>
                    )

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i had the same error after i updated the google play service rev to 17
with rev 15 its working

you need to downgrade to rev 15

Upvote 0

CyclopDroid

Licensed User
Longtime User
Gasp... but, the other my App, working without problem... only this app have a problem. :confused:
I do you downgrade the rev of ggogle pay services?
My app is pubblished into Google Play Store.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CyclopDroid

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nothing!
I've fond this metode:
Anyway, for those who want to downgrade Android SDK Tools to a previous version, it can be possible following these steps:

1. Find your Android SDK folder
  2. Locate the "tools" subfolder and rename it to "tools1" (just to keep a backup copy of the original tools folder)
  3. Download from google repository the SDK Tool version you want to downgrade to (in this case it was: http://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/tools_r15-windows.zip) and unpack it.
  4. The ZIP file you downloaded contains a tools folder that has to be moved to your Android SDK folder.

I've reload the SDK Manager but I dont have the emulator and, if i try to install it, he want update sdk to 19 or 22.

How did you do?

Thanks

Upvote 0

CyclopDroid

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel, noe I did are you said, but when I compiling, I see this error: :confused:
Parsing code. 0.03
Compiling code. 0.06
Compiling layouts code. 0.00
Generating R file. 0.31
Compiling generated Java code. 1.73
Convert byte code - optimized dex. 5.01
Packaging files. 1.33
Copying libraries resources 0.02
Found 7 resource files.
Signing package file (debug key). 0.86
ZipAlign file. 0.04
Installing file to device. Error
pkg: /data/local/tmp/Pensieri_di_amore_DEBUG.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE]

Restarting ADB Server may solve this problem.
Tools - Restart ADB Server. Device serial: emulator-5554

....I've restarted ADB Server but nothing happens.

Upvote 0