Android Question Error in CloudPrint Library

bocker77

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am getting the following error when trying to run the sample code in CloudPrint_Lib_Sample. I get this executing any PrintCloud methods, SendToCloudPrint, ShowPrintJobs. I am using CloudPrint version 2.0, B4a version 8.80 and jdk1.8.0_121. Is anyone else getting this error?

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: No static method Msgbox(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Lanywheresoftware/b4a/BA;)V in class Lanywheresoftware/b4a/keywords/Common; or its super classes (declaration of 'anywheresoftware.b4a.keywords.Common' appears in /data/app/njdude.cloudprint.sample-1/base.apk)
at njdude.cloudprint.sample.cloudprint._postkitkatshowjobs(cloudprint.java:126)
at njdude.cloudprint.sample.cloudprint._showprintjobs(cloudprint.java:253)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.runVoidMethod(Shell.java:777)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.raiseEventImpl(Shell.java:354)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.raiseEvent(Shell.java:255)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.ShellBA.raiseEvent2(ShellBA.java:144)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA$1.run(BA.java:335)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:739)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5585)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:730)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:620)

bocker77

Licensed User
Longtime User
Update. I put a MsgBox in my program and am getting this error. I don't get this error in the program that I am writing although I have since converted all of them to use MsgBoxAsync.

Upvote 0

bocker77

Licensed User
Longtime User
Update. For some reason the MsgBox does now work after changing it to use MsgBoxAsync and then putting it back to MsgBox. I am assuming that the CloudPrint library needs to be recompiled with the new version of B4A.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
. For some reason the MsgBox does now work after changing it to use MsgBoxAsync and then putting it back to MsgBox. I am assuming that the CloudPrint library needs to be recompiled with the new version of B4A.
I agree. Looks like it called Msgbox internally and the method signature was slightly changed at some point.

Upvote 0

bocker77

Licensed User
Longtime User
I hope NJDude is still maintaining this lib and could do this for us. If so thanks in advance.

Also I was wondering, although I would think this to be a lot of work, that maybe contributed libraries like these could be centralized and then recompiled as needed whenever a major B4A is released. I know that this is not probably possible but again it would be nice.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

bocker77

Licensed User
Longtime User
So if I use the Printer built-in library and have my Android device setup to use CloudPrint then I don't need this library?

Upvote 0

bocker77

Licensed User
Longtime User
DonManfred, thanks for taking the time at looking at my post.

For anyone else interested in this issue the Printer Library with the device setup for Google CloudPrint works. I am not quite sure what advanced features that the CloudPrint library provided but I don't seem to be needing them.

Upvote 0