B4J Question Error: JavaFX runtime components are missing, and are required to run this application

TorontoJim

Licensed User
Longtime User
I sent a .jar file to a friend on a Linux system to make sure it worked. He got this error:

Error: JavaFX runtime components are missing, and are required to run this application

I went back to the project and checked the libraries manager to ensure jFX was checked off, it is, along with three others.

He did have JRE 8 installed.

What would I have done wrong in prepping this .jar for distribution to cause him to get that error? I'm running the .jar on Win7 with no problem. I've attached the jar I sent him.

Attachments

• com_cww_jar.zip
    379.1 KB · Views: 331

TorontoJim

Licensed User
Longtime User
To make this more confusing, it runs on a Mac just fine. I guess there must be an issue with the Linux JRE? Possible?

Upvote 0

alain bertrand

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ask your friend to run java -version and post the output.
I've the same problem; just testing around MyFirstProgram.jar is working on windows 8.1.
Not working on Linux openSuSE Leap 42.2
$java -version returns
openjdk version "1.8.0_131"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 3.4.0) (suse-10.10.3-x86_64)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.131-b11, mixed mode)
Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Alain.

OpenJDK for linux doesnt come with the JAVAFX framework. you need to download it and install.

over the internet people say that to have OPENJFX you need to install it like this:

sudo apt-get install openjfx

But you are on suse and i do not know if suse provides such package or how you install packages on suse.

You can also install oracle jdk with javafx directly.

Upvote 0

alain bertrand

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Alain.

OpenJDK for linux doesnt come with the JAVAFX framework. you need to download it and install.

over the internet people say that to have OPENJFX you need to install it like this:

sudo apt-get install openjfx

But you are on suse and i do not know if suse provides such package or how you install packages on suse.

You can also install oracle jdk with javafx directly.
Hi Enrique,
You're right. I've got to rpm-install openJFX on top of openJDK.
Linux openSuSE Leap 42.2 rpm is found at:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:Herbster0815/java-openjfx
It's working fine.
Thanks.

Upvote 0