Android Question Error loading ini file

Brian Dean

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am getting this error in both B4A and B4J. I think that it is a Windows file permissions problem, but I am not sure. I have found a reference in the forum but that is dated 2015 and relates to a specific IDE release, so does not help me now. I also get a "Requested operation requires elevation" message when I try to configure paths; that is a Windows file permissions message.

I have fiddled around with B4J (I don't want to risk damaging B4A further). I removed the "Anywhere Software" folder from my User\Appdata\Roaming folder and reinstalled B4J. No change. Folder security permissions look okay to me (not something that I know much about) but the "Configure Paths" dialogue will not allow me to set the "Libraries" and "Shared" paths, although it did set the path to javac.exe. If I run B4J as administrator I do not get the "Error loading ini file" message and I can set the Libraries/Shared paths, but they are lost the next time that I run. Some changes to the B4J ini file are being made (eg the RecentFile1 entry and the javac location) so the ini file is not completely broken. I am at a loss for what to try next.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Brian Dean

Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe the paths you set are wrong?

I think that they are correct - I used the "Browse" button and picked them out of the folder dialogue. And the "Error loading ini file" occurs immediately the program starts. And bith B4A and B4J always open fullscreen, which is mentioned in the 2015 forum exchange.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think that they are correct
PROVE it please. Even if you think they are correct it must not be the case.

Post the Paths you are trying to set.

Upvote 0

Brian Dean

Licensed User
Longtime User
It doesn't sound related to the ini file.

@Erel : I agree, but can I edit the Libraries path directly into the ini file? It might give me another clue as to where the real problem is. What is the ini file keyword for thr Libraries path entry?

Upvote 0