Android Question Error Missing Accelerated Surface

AlexMinz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, dear members
I wanted to run an example, but there is an error: "Missing accelerated surface". Where must I place the Library "Accelerated Surface"? I am Newbie and worked only with the old Basic4PPC on my Pocket PC. So I even dont know where to place this Libraries. I placed the files to the Basic4Android folder Libraries but that didn't solve the error. Can you help me and tell me what I did wrong?
Thanks a lot
Alex

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is not something I've used before but will try to assist. I'm guessing that you are attempting to use the Accelerated Surface library provided by Informatix? The xml and jar files need to be placed in the folder you assigned to additional libraries when you installed Basic4Android. This can be found again by looking in the "Tools" menu, then "Configure Paths" and you should see the location to store additional libraries in. If the path is still blank then create a folder where-ever you want to store the additional libraries and save your files here. Now in the IDE in the lower right hand corner you should see the libs tab. Click this and select the accelerated Surface library which should now be present in the list of libraries.
I also recommend to check out the beginners guide to help get you started as B4A is a slightly different world to B4PPC!
Beginners Guide

And finally, welcome back to the community!
RandomCoder :)

Upvote 0

AlexMinz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi RandomCoder,
thank you so much. Yes you found my error. I didn't select the accelerated surface library. That ocurred the error. Super.
Thantks a lot :) :)

Upvote 0