Bug? No error in the Log window for missing bal file

Status
Not open for further replies.

toby

Licensed User
Longtime User
When a bal file is missing, you don't get an error or warning in the Log window and you wouldn't notice the problem until your app tries to load the bal file in question. The larger a project, the harder for the problem to surface.

I'm not sure whether this should be a bug or a wish, and I just want an error or a warning to remind me to correct the problem ASAP.

Last edited:

PaulMeuris

Licensed User
Are you using the latest version of the B4A IDE?
I get a warning when my 'cat_layout.bal' file is missing...

1660730599101.png

toby

Licensed User
Longtime User
Right now I get lots of other warnings which I haven't decided how to deal with yet. I think that it should be an error to make it stand out.

Last edited:

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
When the IDE detects errors it will at some point (don't know when) stop parsing and reporting errors for the rest of the code. Fix your errors first, and then the error for the missing layout should show up.

toby

Licensed User
Longtime User
No
When the IDE detects errors it will at some point (don't know when) stop parsing and reporting errors for the rest of the code. Fix your errors first, and then the error for the missing layout should show up.
No other errors.

You don't see an error until I run the app and try to open the page with the missing layout file.

Status
Not open for further replies.