iOS Question Error: No devices booted when using local mac builder

Haris Hafeez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

I couldn't find much in the way of resolving this issue I have with using the local mac builder.

Please refer to the screenshots. The app does compile, the build server says so and launches the simulator as well but the app fails to load in the simulator and I get the error reported in the subject in the IDE.

I have tried to start the simulator first and then use the build server but it doesn't appear to help.

Also, using the command
B4X:
xcrun simctl list | grep Boot
does return the iPhone 6s simulator I have got running. So not sure where this is failing me.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

XCODE: 7.2
B4i: 2.31

Many thanks,
Haris.

Attachments

• upload_2015-12-26_0-54-30.png
    upload_2015-12-26_0-54-30.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 267
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 261

Haris Hafeez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Thanks for taking a look at this. I can report that it works well with XCode 6.2 running on OSX 10.9.5.

EDIT: Also both the setups are using the latest build server (2.3). The one having issues is also shown in the screenshot above. I have also noticed that the one I am reporting an error for seems to compile the same app twice(outputs Build Successful message twice).

Upvote 0

Haris Hafeez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well well well.. The problem is resolved. The issue was that I was running the macerver under root(sudo su). That's what was causing the problem (please don't ask me why). I deleted the macserver folder and moved a freshly unzipped copy of the macserver and ran it under my own credentials and it worked.

Apologies for raising this here. As with most of the time, B4X software is not to blame rather it's a slight oversight on our part that causes issues.

Thanks for your response as always.

Upvote 0