Android Question error: resource android:attr/lStar not found.

roncoa

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
after some time, I resumed the development of my app.
Having changed my PC, I reinstalled B4A all over again.
Now the app doesn't compile anymore, and it gives me the following error.
What can it be?

Thanks

B4X:
B4A Versione: 11.00
Analisi del Codice.    (0.25s)
    Java Versione: 8
Building folders structure.    (0.05s)
Compilazione del codice.    (0.37s)

File ObsucastorMap.txt creato nella cartella Objects.
Compilazione del codice di layouts    (0.02s)
Organizzazione Librerie.    (0.00s)
    (AndroidX SDK)
Compiling resources    (0.19s)
Linking resources    Error
c:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\core\core\1.7.0\unpacked-core-1.7.0\res\values\values.xml:113: error: resource android:attr/lStar not found.
error: failed linking references.

roncoa

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your answer.
I installed B4A like the other times following the instructions, and it always worked.

I have a doubt, "command line tool" should I download it by clicking on "Android SDK Command line tools" or "SDK license"? Both are clickable links and download 2 different packages.
1.jpg

I am also attaching the screenshots of the path configuration, installed packages and compilation error.
2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I don't know if it will be useful, but my system runs on Windows 11
5.jpg

If that were not enough, I am available to provide further information.
Thanks again

Upvote 0

kstainsb

Licensed User
Longtime User
My app built okay, then I went into SDK manager and updated (hadn't updated it in a few months). I then did a project clean and build, and got the error message.

Upvote 0

kstainsb

Licensed User
Longtime User
My app built okay, then I went into SDK manager and updated (hadn't updated it in a few months). I then did a project clean and build, and got the error message.
I just tried downloading the jdk (11.0.1) and command line tools (6609375) extracting, clean poject and build, and it failed with the same error.

Upvote 0

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
In native AS development is not possible to compile with core 1.7.0 and targetSdkVersion 30, targetSdkVersion must be set to 31.

Upvote 0

Scantech

Licensed User
Longtime User
That error happened to me. Thankfully it was fixed by reinstalling the resources with the updated sdk.

Upvote 0

sdesan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
actually situation is almost funny:
i've installed
B4A ver. 11.00
SDK version: 4333796
Android SDK Platform-Tools 30.0.4

If i open B4A SDK Manager it's possible to install Android SDK Platform-Tools 31.0.3
If i update to 31.0.3 if i start any application (that before was working without any problem) also if clean project i get this error:

\b4a_remote\androidx\core\core\1.7.0\unpacked-core-1.7.0\res\values\values.xml:113: error: resource android:attr/lStar not found.

if i re-unzip and overwrite Android SDK and required resources all my applications works again but in B4A SDK Manager appears again request to update to 31.0.3

It's a loop...

Upvote 0