Android Question error: resource android:attr/lStar not found

brodmuehler

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear All

I have a project that is important to me and runs nicely on my smartphone. In order to further improve it, I wanted to add some features. I develped this app with the old jdk/sdk setup. Now I changed it to the new recommended one.

When I tkae the same code without any changes and which worked before and compile it with the new jdk/sdk I run into problems and get the following message:

c:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\core\core\1.7.0\unpacked-core-1.7.0\res\values\values.xml:113: error: resource android:attr/lStar not found.
error: failed linking references.

Could someone perhaps explain to me what that means and how I can fix this? Or is there something systematically I am doing wrong? THis is unfortunate far beyond my skills ... :-(. The problem for me is that this project is important for me and I have to make some changes so that I can continue using it. I am a little bit desperate and scared, I have to admit. Any help is highly appreciated.

Many thanks and cheers
René

brodmuehler

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hallo Erel

thanks a lot for your fast response. I will delete and re-install the sdk and see what happens. I actually played a lot with the sdk manager and might have worsen things. So I fix this first.

The reason why I started playing with the sdk manager was the message about Maven missing and also the fact that the app crashed on my phone which I cannot explain at all since I haven't changed the code at all. I only changed the development environment.

I am sure we get to the bottom of this. When I have changed the sdk back post what the effect is.

Many thanks for your support. You are really doing a great job and I enjoy using your tolls and systems. Best class in market.
Cheers
René

Upvote 0

brodmuehler

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, I reset the development environment and see what happens. If I run into issues I open a new post.
Let's consider this one as closed.

Thanks a lot for your support. Great stuff and highly appreciated.
Cheers Rene

Upvote 0

mmieher

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just had the same error suddenly pop up, after another mysterious message from AdMob2 saying I needed an artifact. Had to download a maven play-services-(I forget now) in the SDK manager. This happened after what has become an at least daily crash of B4a IDE since 11.20 . "B4A is not responding".

Upvote 0

brodmuehler

Licensed User
Longtime User
After I completely deleted my SDK and re-installed it as per Erels advice, my problems disappeared and didn't come back so far. Fingers crossed.
Cheers René

Upvote 0