Android Question Error verifying keystore file

MarianoD

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, first please apologize my english.

About 2014 i used B4A (the old version) and generated a key file using it, and save the password in a txt file to prevent forget it... Yesterday i installed the new version of B4A (really nice), the 6.50 version. It works fine, i configured paths and works, i played some old apps and works. But when i tried to load the key file, and use the password, i got an error, i will try to atach the error screen... I appreciate if you can give some solution, i am not shure what problems will cause this error (i can choose continue, and the apk is generated correctly, but i dont know yet if Play Store will reject the apk or something). The spanish error in screen is someething like "keys tools error". I downloaded java and android sdk from the links in this site installation tutorial, so i supose they are the newest versions. In android sdk i checked Android 4.4.2 (API 19) , and i believe Android 8 was checked too, by default.

Thanks in advance!!!

error.png

Emme Developer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have the same bug. As i understood, the problem is the last version of java. You can fix it by downloading JDK 1.8 102
By the way, there is an error to verify the keystore, but you can use it without problems (i checked it, and for me works)

Upvote 0

MarianoD

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you very much Emme Developer!!! I unistalled Java 152, installed Java 102, and it works ok! Greetings from Argentina.

Upvote 0