B4R Question Error while compile using library ESP8266WiFi

Discussion in 'B4R Questions' started by max123, Jun 23, 2016.

1. max123

max123 Member Licensed User

Hi all , I've installed B4R BETA #2 version but I receive error when compile
    and try to use TCP Socket.

As Erel's tutorial I tried rESP8266WiFi library but got an error when compile,
    the error says that ESP8266WiFi.h is not found, but i already use it
    with Arduino IDE and work very well.

Maybe the problem is that I have two different "libraries" folders for
    Arduino, one in C:\Documents and Settings\max\Documenti\Arduino\libraries and
    another in C:\Programmi\Arduino\libraries, this is because some time ago I've used
    Arduino IDE Portable and now my system search libraries in Documents too, but
    in Arduino IDE preferences I've C:\Documents and Settings\max\Documenti\Arduino
    as Sketch Path.

Maybe I need to copy all libraries to C:\Programmi\Arduino\libraries
    and delete other one in C:\Documents and Settings\max\Documenti\Arduino\libraries,
    but maybe this create errors when I compile with Arduino IDE....

I need to investigate about this problem.

Screen Shot 06-23-16 at 01.56 PM.PNG

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Open Tools - Configure Paths and make sure that the path points to the correct Arduino IDE.

3. max123

I'm sure the path points to the correct Arduino IDE, I can compile other
    code and execute on ESP8266, but when I include rESP8266WiFi there
    is the problem.

Screen Shot 06-23-16 at 02.46 PM.PNG

4. Erel

Open the correct Arduino IDE and make sure that the ESP library is installed. You can also open the generated project (under Objects\src) and try to compile it from Arduino IDE.

5. max123

Mmmm... this is very very strange, if I open the src.ino project under Object/src and try
    to compile with Arduino IDE I receive same error as B4R (this is good) and the project
    can't find ESP8266WiFi.h when compile, but I can import this library and work well in all others
    my ESP8266 projects.... :(:(

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  6. Erel

First step is to install a newer version of Arduino IDE.

7. max123

I've tried to do this but ESP8266 platform don't work on my system on newer versions of Arduino IDE.
    I've tried to install Arduino IDE 1.6.6 and receive errors when compile, same 1.6.7, same 1.6.8., the esp8266 is installed but not recognized when compile.

I use old Win XP SO 32Bit, maybe this is the reason.... so I downgrade to old 1.6.5 that compile ok without problems... but not in this specific case.

I found that my ESP8266 package and libraries are in C:\Documents and Settings\max\Dati applicazioni\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.0.0\libraries and ESP8266WiFi.h is inside this folder.

This folder is created by default from Arduino when I install ESP8266 platform, I don't have ESP8266WiFi on Arduino libraries folder, there is WiFi library but for Arduino WiFi Shield

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  8. Erel

B4R requires Arduino IDE v1.6.7+.

The correct library:

[​IMG]

9. max123

Many thanks Erel for your precious time, i will try to uninstall IDE 1.6.5 and ESP8266 core and install new versions. If I have success I post here.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  10. FormCommander

FormCommander Member Licensed User

Hello Max,
    did you get runnig it ? I have the same problem, but new ide version 1.8.5 and also all installed. I can compile the test program SerialESP8266_library_test without problems, the leds on the EPS8266 board connected to my UNO are flashing, so I thing the libs are ok.
    regards
    Rudolf

11. max123

Hi @FormCommander, and all users, this error is related to old Arduino IDE and old B4R and duplicate Arduino libraries. Now it works.

Many thanks to all.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  12. FormCommander

Hello,
    problem solved, was my mistake, I did not realize that it is only possible to use ESP8266 directly without Arduino. Now I know that I have to program them separately and connect them serial.
    regards
    Rudolf

Johan Hormaza likes this.
  13. max123

Thats sound good. I'm happy you solved. ;)

14. FormCommander

thank you, but still a lot of work ;-)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice