iOS Question Eureka, my app has been approved.. now what ?

semar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
I've received an e-mail from iTunes Store that my App has been approved for the App Store.

I've checked on the iTunes Connect, and the App has the status "ready to be sold" - even if the App is for free.

I've then searched for it with the iPhone on the App Store, giving the name of the app in the search field, but I can't find it.

However, the link provided in the mail works, and I can download and install it from within the iPhone.

Some question arises:

- why I can't find the App on the app store using the search field, but I do find it using the link ? Perhaps it has to do with the 24 hours that it can take up before the app becomes available on the App Store ? In fact I've received the mail just one hour ago.. Moreover, on the page reached with that link, using a pc, I read "iTunes Preview".

- what should I do when I want to release a new version ? Do I have to submit the new version like the very first one, again using the B4I tool "Upload App to iTunes Connect, hence filling (again) all the fields on the iTunes Connect, and send it again for approval ?

- is the link provided in the email from iTunes a final link ? I mean, when the App shows on the App Store (well, it shows already, but with a direct link, not with a search), will it have the same link ? I ask this, because I wonder if I can right now give this link to my customers already..

Thanks in advance,
Sergio

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
Congratulations Sergio!

- The App Store servers take a while to populate search details. Make sure you have included a good range of Meta search terms in 'Keywords'

- You can upload a new build to iTunes Connect but allow some time for it to appear in 'Builds'. You will be offered the same store text and screenshots as the previous store entry, you can edit/add as you see fit. If you change the executable it can be several days before it gets approved, if you just change some data or other payload in the package then annotate your submission as such and it gets approved a lot quicker.

- Don't know. Give the store 24 hours for everything to propagate through the servers then you should be good to start handing out good links.

Good luck. Be patient with them!

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

It may take some time until you find your app using the search bar. U also need to make sure u r typing the right name of your app!

The link that was provided is the final link to your app so feal free to share it (dont forget the "share your creation" section of b4i ;) )

The state "ready for sale" is also valid for free apps because not like in android u can change the price of your app any time also from free to paid!

If you want to update yor app u will need to create a new update and upload to the app store and submit again for review but you will need only to write what changes u have made and nothing more. But uploading the build and submit for review will be the same process as the first build.

Upvote 0