Bug? Exception in 'anywheresoftware.b4a.BA$SharedProcessBA

Gary Milne

Licensed User
Longtime User
I get the above exception when running the below code. I call this code from multiple points so I know it works but from one point it always gives me the above exception. I can tell you with 100% certainty that A) the format of the SELECT statement is correct, B) the Main.DB is valid and that the provided parameters are present and correct. C) The database has data that corresponds to the query.

The error occurs when the line in red executes. I cannot step into the DBUtils module nor can I place a debug point in the DBUtils module and have the code pause there. The error does get caught by a Try\Catch loop but it does me no good if I can't read the data from the database.

The complete error is provided below.

B4X:
Sub Get_Most_Recent_Score(Mode As Int, LastRallyEnd As Int, RestoreScore As Boolean) As Boolean
        Dim tmpScoreHistory As String
        Dim SessionMap As Map
        SessionMap.Initialize

Select Case Mode
            Case 1    'ShotRecorder
                SessionMap = DBUtils.ExecuteMap(Main.DB, "SELECT * FROM SESSION WHERE SessionNumber = ? AND ShotNumber = ?", Array As String(Main.SMR.SessionNumber, LastRallyEnd))   

Case 2    'ScoreKeeper
                SessionMap = DBUtils.ExecuteMap(Main.DB, "SELECT * FROM SK_SESSION WHERE SessionNumber = ? AND ShotNumber = ?", Array As String(Main.SK_SMR.SessionNumber, LastRallyEnd))
        End Select

End Sub

The code formats poorly in the editor but both lines beginning SessionMap = DBUtils.ExecuteMap( etc all occur on a single line and do not break as shown here.

This is the complete error message.
Error occurred on line: 973 (Score_)
java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to read from field 'anywheresoftware.b4a.BA$SharedProcessBA anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.sharedProcessBA' on a null object reference
at anywheresoftware.b4a.B4AClass$ImplB4AClass.getActivityBA(B4AClass.java:20)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.runMethod(Shell.java:668)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.raiseEventImpl(Shell.java:334)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.raiseEvent(Shell.java:244)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.ShellBA.raiseEvent2(ShellBA.java:132)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA$2.run(BA.java:299)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:739)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5254)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:903)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:698)
(Exception) java.lang.Exception: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Your help is appreciated as this seems to be an exception in the BA$SharedProcessBA

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Try removing "Case" from your select statement:

B4X:
Sub Get_Most_Recent_Score(Mode As Int, LastRallyEnd As Int, RestoreScore As Boolean) As Boolean
        Dim tmpScoreHistory As String
        Dim SessionMap As Map
        SessionMap.Initialize

Select Mode
            Case 1    'ShotRecorder
                SessionMap = DBUtils.ExecuteMap(Main.DB, "SELECT * FROM SESSION WHERE SessionNumber = ? AND ShotNumber = ?", Array As String(Main.SMR.SessionNumber, LastRallyEnd))  

Case 2    'ScoreKeeper
                SessionMap = DBUtils.ExecuteMap(Main.DB, "SELECT * FROM SK_SESSION WHERE SessionNumber = ? AND ShotNumber = ?", Array As String(Main.SK_SMR.SessionNumber, LastRallyEnd))
        End Select

End Sub

Gary Milne

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not related to the "case" keyword. It is optional.

What happens in Release mode?

I had not tested it in Release Mode up to this point. However, I have been working on a different area of the app and doing some testing that runs the above code and have found that sometimes I get the exception error and sometimes I do not. I will try and discern if there is a pattern to these errors and report back on this thread.