Android Question Fail to send large files from B4A-App to my B4J-server.

johnerikson

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have great need to send .MP4 files to my B4J server. The problem is that I can't find a solution to send large .MP4 files to my B4J server. Is there anyone who solved this problem?

What I can understand is a way to use AsynkStream communications to handle such large files.

The questions are!

AsynkStream, is it the right way to send large mp4 files from B4A app to B4J - server?

In such cases, exists B4J-code for Desk Top App for implementation on a B4J - Server?

If code does not exist, any other solution must be developed, is it possible, How?

A further problem is that I do not get the examples to Send & Recive to work. I use ' Android Tutorial .Net FileTransfer-Implement AsyncStreams Prefix mode ' from the Forum to test the functions. Something goes wrong when I try to send a file from my phone! WiFi Connection works if I enable it from the PC app, but not from your phone. When I select a file for transmission from phone indicating that it immediately sent complete. In PC-app happens nothing until I stop the app on the phone. In the message window on the PC side is written, the file name plus the error message "cannot read after the end of the stream.

What have got wrong?

See attachment (PDF - document)

Attachments

• Explinations.pdf
    278.1 KB · Views: 298

johnerikson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks!
I'm glad for feedback on how a sustainable solution might look like, or if it is possible to implement at all.
I have gone through the files now and the biggest is 63 MB. Actually, I don't know exactly how big they can be.
In the past I have only dealt with images that have been sent using the postbytes (HttpJob).

I've been thinking about a way out with the Google drive, but I would first investigate if an integrated solution is possible.

Upvote 0

johnerikson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the suggestion.
I will test the code after the weekend.
We celebrate the 1st of May in Sweden until Tuesday.

Upvote 0