iOS Question Failed to find xcode path (redux)

Neil Rohan

Licensed User
I've reviewed the b4i forum for threads posted with this problem, but solutions proposed have not worked. I am new to b4i (migrating from b4a). I've been able to install b4i on Windows machine and succeeded in using the hosted builder w/ the bridge app. Everything works properly.

I am now trying to load buildserver on MacBook Pro, running MacOS Catalina (10.15.4) and xCode 11.4.1

Following Erel's instructions "Local Mac Builder" (11/3/2014), I've done the following:

1. Installed Java JDK 8
2. Installed Xcode 11

2.5. You need to run Xcode at least once. Approve installation of additional components when asked. I have "run" xcode and created a test project. It functions properly in the xcode simulator. However, I was not asked to approve additional components

3. Downloaded and unzipped the B4i-Builder.
4. Opened a terminal and navigate to B4i-Builder folder.
5. Ran it with: java -jar B4iBuildServer.jar (see screenshot)

I then ran the xcode-select -p command from the terminal and received a second error message (see screenshot)

Any suggestions?

ss1.png

ss2.png

Neil Rohan

Licensed User
Thanks Erel, that solved that issue. I ran B4iBuildServer.jar and compiled program, only to receive following error:

In file included from /Users/neilrohan1/UploadedProjects/<user id>/B4iProject/b4i_main.m:2:
/Users/neilrohan1/UploadedProjects/<user id>/B4iProject/b4i_main.h:1:9: fatal error: 'iCore.h' file not found
#import "iCore.h"
^~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
Error: ** BUILD FAILED **
The following build commands failed:
CompileC /Users/neilrohan1/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/b4i_main.o /Users/neilrohan1/UploadedProjects/<user id>/B4iProject/b4i_main.m normal arm64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
(1 failure)

I searched the forum for this issue and found an identical forum issue (Nov 11 2018). You recommended changing to the b4ibuilderserver folder and start server from there. I did that and that eliminated the error.

I recompiled the program and sent it to B4iBuildServer. I'm getting the same message, but this time from the xcode compiler (see screenshot).

Note that all I am doing is unzipping the newly downloaded project, unzipping it and running the resultant "B4iProject.xcodeproject" file. I am not altering any existing/previous libraries.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Image 4-29-20 at 7.42 AM.jpg
    Image 4-29-20 at 7.42 AM.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 207
Upvote 0

Neil Rohan

Licensed User
Using the Hello World example, the project runs successfully using the Hosted Builder (see screenshots):

Attachments

• IMG_1304.PNG
    IMG_1304.PNG
    291.8 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_1305.PNG
    IMG_1305.PNG
    69.5 KB · Views: 201
  • windows_b4ibridge.png
    windows_b4ibridge.png
    210.8 KB · Views: 190
Upvote 0

Neil Rohan

Licensed User
Attachments: 1) Server Settings 2) Log After Run from IDE 3) B4iBuilder display after Run 4) xCode screenshot with iCore.h error

I'm beginning to think the problems are with how i unzipped xcode download as well as B4iBuilder, since it appears there are major directory issues on my MacBookPro. Would you recommend reinstalling??

Attachments

• Attch_3_b4ibuilderAfterRunfromIDe.png
    Attch_3_b4ibuilderAfterRunfromIDe.png
    180 KB · Views: 209
  • Attch_4_xcodeResult.png
    Attch_4_xcodeResult.png
    358.4 KB · Views: 188
Upvote 0

Neil Rohan

Licensed User
Works perfectly Erel. Once it sunk in that I needn't do ANYTHING with my MacBook Pro laptop except open the B4iBuildServer and let it communicate with my iPad, I went back and looked at your tutorial (21Oct2014) and voila! Thanks again! SOLVED!

Upvote 0