Feature Request: Layer Support in Designer

JaunLukePicard

Licensed User
Longtime User
We have Layouts in B4A which are very handy, but this would be a twist on that theme.

Let's say you have a standard layout that you have created with various Views. Let's say that you wanted to add a custom menu (like a popup menu) for this layout. You can add a Panel at the bottom which you can Hide/Show as desired. But with this what you get in the Designer is a set of controls that overlap until you run/Test the project you are working on.

Introducing Layers. If you could have a Layers menu in the Designer this would show either All or selected layers of a Layout. This feature would allow you to see in the Designer a specific layer of your layout. So that custom menu would be on the "Menu" layer while the initial layer would be "Base" or something like that.

If this is possible I think it would be great. I got the idea from CAD programs This kind of feature can also be seen on Garmin or other GPS systems when viewing maps.

If this is possible and if it were a feature in B4A I think it would be quite benificial. And it would clean up the clutter when designing visually a Layout.

Please don't confuse Layers with Tabs. Tabs are a different thing altogether. I think of a Layer as a second screen of the whole Layout whereas a Tab can be a portion of the screen on one layout.

What are your thoughts on this feature???