Android Question File locations during testing and debugging.

PoliceFreez

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know if this has been asked before, I could not get the answer through searching though.
I would like to know where the files (text and DB) are stored when you are testing your application over the B4A-Bridge. What I mean is, I will add data to my database and it will work but when you terminate the app the data is not in the database listed under files. When you start the app again the data is however available.
Where is the "TEST" database stored so that I can see if all data was entered appropriately?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
are testing your application over the B4A-Bridge
B4A-Bridge is not related here. It doesn't matter how you install and start the APK.

What I mean is, I will add data to my database and it will work but when you terminate the app the data is not in the database listed under files
Your code, copies the data from File.DirAssets to somewhere else. Probably File.DirInternal. Check it. You cannot open databases from File.DirAssets directly.

Upvote 0

PoliceFreez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yip. I know it is File.DirInternal but I've looked for the DB file on my phone and I cannot find it. I just want to know where on the phone you can find it.

Upvote 0