FilterView

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
To kill time (coronavirus takes care of it for us) and to distract myself from the situation I thought of creating a new CustomView.

Different give the possibility to insert different search keywords, for example when inserting TAGs in B4X threads.

I wanted to do it for B4X and I started making it. It is still primitive, because it does not size the views of the key words based on the length and when you click to delete it does not ask for confirmation ... but I will add them later.

Meanwhile, a preview.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Last edited:

Techdriod

To kill time (coronavirus takes care of it for us) and to distract myself from the situation I thought of creating a new CustomView.

Different give the possibility to insert different search keywords, for example when inserting TAGs in B4X threads.

I wanted to do it for B4X and I started making it. It is still primitive, because it does not size the views of the key words based on the length and when you click to delete it does not ask for confirmation ... but I will add them later.

Meanwhile, a preview.

View attachment 90543
Sir I want to discuss about an app development inspired from your older post..please reply

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sir I want to discuss about an app development inspired from your older post..please reply
Please. Write to follow in the thread you are referring to. Also because I did not understand which post you are talking about

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A few small steps forward.

I post the Android and Desktop version

B4X:
Sub Globals
    Private FilterView1 As FilterView
    Private ListView1 As ListView
End Sub

Sub Activity_Create(FirstTime As Boolean)
    Activity.LoadLayout("Layout1")
    FilterView1.SeparatorChar=" "
End Sub

Public Sub FilterView1_ChangeFilter(L As List)
    ListView1.Clear
    For Each S As String In L
        ListView1.AddSingleLine(S)
    Next
End Sub

Video2.gif

1585130428885.png

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
A few small steps forward.
thanks @Star-Dust but will it find my lost sock?

I look forward to a raft full of new development libraries now CoronaV gives the really skilled some spare time......

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
thanks @Star-Dust but will it find my lost sock?

I look forward to a raft full of new development libraries now CoronaV gives the really skilled some spare time......
Time is there but there is no concentration or new ideas .. Ideas crowd the news :eek:

In these two days I simply had an antenna glove and I was unable to watch TV and I was more focused šŸ˜…

Now the rain and the storm have passed and the TV work fine šŸ˜¬

Last edited:

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Still does not satisfy me, there is something in the graphics that does not convince me. Tips?

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
its something to do with the way the search items display at the top of the screen.

They fill the height of the box they appear in and look sort of heavy, solid, and thick or bulky especially with the white background.

Maybe they should not appear in the text entry box but in their own separate space.

For Instance, each search item also appears in the list view, in the middle, as well as in the input box.
screenshot.jpg

Leave them out of the input box.

Why not change the way they appear in the list box area between the input box and the keyboard?

Design them in the "button" format the way they look now in the first picture you uploaded.

You can keep the X "kill" button inside each label : "test x" "new x" "hello x" and "video x".

buttons.jpg

This would mean that the search items will appear like links in a chain in the area where the list view now is.

Same as they now look in the place they are appearing.

So they appear like shown below this.
screenshot-suggested.jpg

Now you can make that middle panel all white background or what you like.

That's the best I can do as trying to make a sensible description of what I mean.

If it doesn't make sense send me a PM and I'll make a drawing.

What I am suggesting should have a new look.

You would just have to think about what happens when the area between the input box and the keyboard fills up . . . .

Either limit the number then start to remove early ones or scroll the view in the panel.

These "buttons" or labels, the result of typing in a search item, would of course be different widths as in your signature or as seen below.

1585335643202.png

And, also, less height as well (slimmer looking). ->

Attachments

• 1585327282473.png
    1585327282473.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
its something to do with the way the search item displays at the top of the screen. they fill the height of the box the appear in and look like a microsoft XL graphic, sort of chunky. maybe they shouldnt appear in the text entry box but above it in their own separate space. the search item also then appears in the list view, why not leave them appearing there but in the "button" format as at the animated graphic you uploaded. that way the kill button within the formatted button where "test" new hello and video appear at the top. it might quite neat (? test it) to have those search items appear like the "pea-pod" string below the input box. so they appear kind of like this but without the gaps between the buttons, and, there where hallo, New and Video are in the bpttom extract from your post : (that's the best I can do as trying to make a sensible description of what I mean) If it doesn't make sense send me a PM and I'll make a drawing). Wht I amsuggesting should look innovative and fairly neat. you would just have to think about what happens when the area between the input box and the keyboard fills up . . . .these "buttons" would of course be different widths as the current one's appear and also less height as well (slimmer looking) cheers....

View attachment 90710View attachment 90711View attachment 90712
View attachment 90713View attachment 90714View attachment 90715
View attachment 90716View attachment 90717View attachment 90718

View attachment 90720
Forgive me, but I use the Google translator and I have not understood anything of what is written.

Could you reformulate your comments in a simpler way, which would allow Google to translate correctly?

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
Could you reformulate your comments in a simpler way, which would allow Google to translate correctly?
I have edited message #9. I hope that helps with the translator or is easier to see what I suggest without going to translate, let me know.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you carefully check the piece of code I posted, it is noted that the FilterView is only the top bar. While below is another view a ListView.
1585380563074.png

The listView at the bottom serves only to supervise the event raised in the FilterView and observe the parameters it sends.

In reality, as I explained before, it is a view that similar to that of the TAGs that we insert when we create a post on this forum. If it included the LisView, it would be a ComboBox, rather it is a more advanced SpinnerView

here is an example:
1585380858770.png

Last edited:

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
Ok sorry guess I misinterpreted the animated graphic and this :
Still does not satisfy me, there is something in the graphics that does not convince me. Tips?
ignore #9